Building Ej25

This is a discussion on Building Ej25 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i'm looking into rebuilding a motor for an 05 sti. I'm wondering if I could run around 400-450hp (built ...

Building Ej25

So i'm looking into rebuilding a motor for an 05 sti.
    I'm wondering if I could run around 400-450hp (built motor) without blowing the stock turbo with a proper tuning?

Parts i'm looking at so far...
    APP Studs
    Manley Rods
    Manley Crank
    Manley Pistons
    ARP Head Studs
    Gasket Kit
    Valve Springs and Retainers
    Cam followers
    Valve guides exhaust/intake
    272 cams
    Cosworth oil pump
    gates timing belt
    engine and trans mounts
    spark plugs
    injectors (Don't know what size to go with)
    MAP Sensor
    Walbro pump 255

Any advice would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will not get a VF39 to close to 400 crank hp...maybe 330whp...but you won't make it much further before it physically can't move much more air.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Plus...if you're building the engine that far, why the heck wouldn't you upgrade the turbo? Seems like a major waste to me.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Plus...if you're building the engine that far, why the heck wouldn't you upgrade the turbo? Seems like a major waste to me.
    Do to funds (Army don't pay good)
    And will it temporarily hold the stock turbo until able I have enough to upgrade the turbo?

The turbo's not the problem. I mean you really don't have any problem but you don't want to push the stock turbo more than 22psi or so.

You're going to need a tune after the engine build. But as long as its tuned properly and built properly (broken in properly), you shouldn't have any problems at all and it will last you just fine until you are ready for a turbo upgrade.