Got my old subaru back need help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Got my old subaru back need help! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys been a long time,I had a wrx that had been upgraded with a sti whole engine,I have just ...

Got my old subaru back need help!

Hi guys been a long time,I had a wrx that had been upgraded with a sti whole engine,I have just managed to get the car back after a year it has only covered 3,000 since I last sold it,when I brake I get a lot of judder could this be the discs warped or bads bad as it has been sitting for so long or could this be because of the wheel bearing has a bit of play init.
    Also power steering pump has a leak when this is full up but it emptys within a day then makes a really bad squeaking noise I'm hoping a slit pipe or is there a common problem with the pump,hopfully someone will share some light on here.
    So if the brake and pads are the problem what are a good upgrade.
    Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it only shudders when braking, then it's probably discs. Wheel bearing would shudder all the time when it was rolling.

Replace the pump or lines if they have leaks. Also replace the belt if its been sitting for awhile.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Try rebedding the pads.
    Technical White Papers
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Hi what belt would you say change sorry ?? Cambelt or power steering belt ?
    I'll try and bed the pads and discs in again I only changed them last year to red stuff and the cars done about 4,000 miles since,just the owner I sold it to didn't give a **** about it and that's a shame what pads and discs are recommended on this forum but I don't wanna spend to much cheers for the replys.

Little update brought these today spoke to one of the guys at Godspeedbrakes very helpful and seem to know there stuff

Didn't want to go mad on a set up as I don't use it as track days etc but I hope there a good all round disc and pad setup,I'll update when I get them fitted I'm also upgrading the brake like braided is this pointless or worth doing all 4 for 100 inc parts and labour ?
    These are what I purchased !
    http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...id_product=195

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.