Anyone have HP gain specs for future exhaust??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone have HP gain specs for future exhaust?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, just trying to get some info on some exhaust specs if anyone has it. Got a stock 2012 ...

Anyone have HP gain specs for future exhaust??

Hey guys, just trying to get some info on some exhaust specs if anyone has it. Got a stock 2012 WRX sedan and have had it for about 4 months and I'm already itching to put upgrades on it and one of the very first ones I wanna do is a cat back exhaust change and go from there. As far as how far I want to go with upgrades, it's my daily driver and would probably only take it to a strip a few times but still want a decent street car for when I wanna get on it if someone is challenging me on the road so probably stage 2 is as far as I would go. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices...Perrin, Invidia Q300, and the Magnaflow Sport Series. I'm looking for that great sound that each of them can produce but am also interested in the horsepower gain so my question is does anyone know the HP gain specs for each of these for a just for now stock setup?? And what do you think has the better sound?? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    just changing the catback wont give you any gains. it's just a noisemaker.

the only way you'll see noticeable gains from a catback is if you put a stage 1 tune on it & even then it wont be a huge difference. you'll see a smoother powerband.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

unfortunately where I live I need the cat on for state inspection and emissions and I don't really feel like taking exhaust on and off everytime I go to get the car inspected for it to pass so I figured I'd get it to have a better sound if anything, but would like to get a new uppipe and downpipe too at least. And I plan on getting the Accessport for it as well as the Cobb SF intake right off the bat along with the exhaust for a decent start and eventually down the road a bigger turbo, front mount intercooler and fuel injectors if I feel I want more than what I'm getting or get bored haha.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I understand. That would be a hassle

You don't need an uppipe btw. Yours is catless from the factory and won't need to be replaced unless you are doing pretty heavy modifications (so probably down the road depending on what turbo you go with)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the tips, it's my first suby and first car I'm wanting to upgrade so I just wanna make sure I do it the right way so I'm accepting as many tricks and tips as I can get and make the wrx family proud when it's all done.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.