2006 wrx mods. I need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx mods. I need help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Did some searching but didn't really find the answer that would help me. I have a stock 2006 wrx and ...

2006 wrx mods. I need help

Did some searching but didn't really find the answer that would help me. I have a stock 2006 wrx and just bought a used Cobb catback exhaust and a new Cobb ap v3. On the catback what hardware do I need since it doesn't come with any? I bought a new donut gasket for the stock down pipe, but didn't know if the mid pipe to exhaust tip needed a gasket, so I bought a 3" gasket. Am I on the right track or need more hardware? Then I found out the catback doesn't need a tune, so do I just hold on to the accessport tell I get a aftermarket down pipe? Or can I run stage one? This subaru modding is confusing. If anybody can help I would a appreciate it.

So I got a used Cobb catback with no hardware - what hardware do I need?

And I got a new Cobb v3 with no downpipe - can I run stage one or just buy a downpipe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you order right from COBB? Usually they come with all the needed hardware. But to answer your question, yes there is a gasket from the midpipe to the catback and it would be recommended that you replace it. Also, you can run stage 1 with the catback.

No I bought the cobb catback used no hardware.

I pasted this from another post i did. If you want gains do this. Make sure you have all the right gaskets. There should be two. One on the down pipe connected to the turbo and one on the other side to rest of exhaust. One more thing to add is delete the silencer box. Engine will be louder and better air flow.
    I have a stock 2007 WRX TR sedan Obsidian Black, Manual. I recently installed some mods. I did a lot of shopping around and researching. I found someone on Craigslist who was selling a bunch of parts. I talked to the guy for a bit and ended up buying a Stage 2 kit and some. Invidia catted down pipe, Turbo XS up pipe, Borla Hush Exhaust, Kartboy short throw shifter, shifter bushings, and a COBB V2 AP. All for around $1200. Some stuff was new or slightly used. I immediately installed the COBB AP to Stage 1. Felt nice on the drive home and noticed nice small gains. About 25-30hp give or take that I've read. The following week I installed the turbo back exhaust and tuned to Stage 2. Man the Borla sounds nice. Not too aggressive or obnoxiously loud. It has a nice purrr when at idle. On an open road or freeway when you give it some good throttle, it growls at you and it's a very big noticeable difference in power form Stage 1. Lets just say you will have a nice smile on your face. Now from what I have researched you should be running at 275-280hp. The STI 3351lbs is almost 300lbs more than the WRX 3085lbs, it also has an extra gear to shift. You factor all that in and the WRX is pretty close to the STI in speed. Now all you have to do is upgrade suspension and performance wise you will be good. Now depending on your future goal that's another topic.
    One more thing I install a Perrin lightweight pulley and it has made a small improvement in performance. Less lag in RPMs when shifting and more responsive. I'd say about 5+ hp increase. A few more mods and time from a pro-tune. Lots more coming.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.