Stage 1 To Stage 2 HP increase?

This is a discussion on Stage 1 To Stage 2 HP increase? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of numbers you guys are making with the stage 2 by cobb? I ...

Stage 1 To Stage 2 HP increase?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what kind of numbers you guys are making with the stage 2 by cobb? I am currently stage 1 with the sf intake and an axle back. I was thinking of doing a cat back and possibly a down pipe. My question is, Is the power difference worth the 1000 bucks?

I have done some research and the numbers vary about 30 hp. Just wanted y'alls input.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is interesting. I would also like to know what kind of numbers some people are putting up at stage 2, protune or Cobb AP. Basically with Intake, and Turbo Back Exhaust.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

All you would need is a Downpipe, if you already have your Accessport. Will run anywhere from $200-$600 that being said Cobb posts % increases on their website. I am currently stage 2 W/ the SF Intake and love the power delivery. Its not " omgggggg theee powerrrrrr" but its smoother, I also have the Stage 2 map from Torque Performance that I would recommend.

I Support ClubWRX
    From COBB Website

Subaru WRX 2012-2014

Stage 1

6.5% - Peak HP Gain

15.2% - Peak TQ Gain

12.3% - Maximum HP Gain

21.2% - Maximum TQ Gain

Stage 2

21.4% - Peak HP Gain

22.9% - Peak TQ Gain

30.8% - Maximum HP Gain

30.6% - Maximum TQ Gain.

Keep in mind you are starting off somewhere around 225whp and 230wtq. The above claims are probably slightly high due to marketing.

Ya I saw the percentages that cobb advertises, was just wondering if anyone had any hard evidence.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx
    Ya I saw the percentages that cobb advertises, was just wondering if anyone had any hard evidence.
    I'm not sure what "hard evidence" you're looking for...the percentage gains are noted, so multiply 265 by 1.XXX is noted in the map notes. If you're looking for specific dyno #s:
    Dyno FAQ
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I was just trying to see what people were putting down. Mainly the difference between the stages.

cobbs site has a dyno section you can dig through... just keep in mind the stage 2 tune on the site is dyno tuned not OTS so the OTS tune will be a tad lower.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

just my .02 cents.

get a pro tune or an eTune if you go stage 2. the OTS maps beyond stage 1 for Cobb aren't that great. there are countless threads for issues when going stage 2 vs. boost creep. *especially if your running a CAI and 3" TBE.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I probably will just go with a pro tune.

Check out cobs dyno database. Search and you'll find a setup close to yours

Just my 2 cents. I have a stock 2007 WRX TR sedan Obsidian Black, Manual. I recently installed some mods. I did a lot of shopping around and researching. I found someone on Craigslist who was selling a bunch of parts. I talked to the guy for a bit and ended up buying a Stage 2 kit and some. Invidia catted down pipe, Turbo XS up pipe, Borla Hush Exhaust, Kartboy short throw shifter, shifter bushings, and a COBB V2 AP. All for around $1200. Some stuff was new or slightly used. I immediately installed the COBB AP to Stage 1. Felt nice on the drive home and noticed nice small gains. About 25-30hp give or take that I've read. The following week I installed the turbo back exhaust and tuned to Stage 2. Man the Borla sounds nice. Not too aggressive or obnoxiously loud. It has a nice purrr when at idle. On an open road or freeway when you give it some good throttle, it growls at you and it's a very big noticeable difference in power form Stage 1. Lets just say you will have a nice smile on your face. Now from what I have researched you should be running at 275-280hp. The STI 3351lbs is almost 300lbs more than the WRX 3085lbs, it also has an extra gear to shift. You factor all that in and the WRX is pretty close to the STI in speed. Now all you have to do is upgrade suspension and performance wise you will be good. Now depending on your future goal that's another topic.
    One more thing I install a Perrin lightweight pulley and it has made a small improvement in performance. Less lag in RPMs when shifting and more responsive. I'd say about 5+ hp increase. A few more mods and time from a pro-tune. Lots more coming.