Cobb Sf intake? (more specific than you think) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb Sf intake? (more specific than you think) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 4eat05 I do have the Cobb accesport, as well as a hand full of other mods, as ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat05 View Post
    I do have the Cobb accesport, as well as a hand full of other mods, as stated in my first post of this thread....

The only Bpv I was considering is the Cobb Xle, and I know there is no performance gain...

There is no tuning route to decide, as I already have a Cobb Ap....

According to Cobbs site, the stock airbox and Cobb Sf intake can use the same map (separate map for Aem and other intakes - or so it seems), so I should be able to keep my Cobb stg 2 map as is, right?

Did most of you guys read just the title? Lol
    Then yes, as long as you follow the map notes you should be fine, but I still urge you to data log after the fact to make sure everything is still running good.

Regarding the BPV, I am just not sure why you would replace it when your stock one is more than fine. If you are going to be recirc there will be no difference. The only difference will be that you have a nice shiney BPV to look at when you open your hood. If that is what you want then it is your money and you are free to spend it how you will. We are only offering advice as that is what we believe you are looking for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Those are actually ellipses...
    How can you tell...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    How can you tell...
    el·lip·sis/ɪˈlɪpsɪs/ Show Spelled [ih-lip-sis] Show IPA
    noun, plural el·lip·ses /ɪˈlɪpsiz/ Show Spelled [ih-lip-seez] Show IPA .
    1. Grammar .
    a. the omission from a sentence or other construction of one or more words that would complete or clarify the construction, as the omission of who are, while I am, or while we are from I like to interview people sitting down.
    b. the omission of one or more items from a construction in order to avoid repeating the identical or equivalent items that are in a preceding or following construction, as the omission of been to Paris from the second clause of I've been to Paris, but they haven't.
    2. Printing. a mark or marks as ——, …, or * * *, to indicate an omission or suppression of letters or words.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Oh, I had my geometry hat on. I wasn't thinking about grammar at all lol.

I wasn't expecting any gains from the intake other than sound, looks, and for future use if I ever do anything more to it. I just wanted to make sure adding the Cobb Sf intake & box to what I already have wouldn't be bad in any way.

It won't hurt anything. The box is a good idea. I had only the sf intake on my 02 and couldn't go through automated car washes because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    It won't hurt anything. The box is a good idea. I had only the sf intake on my 02 and couldn't go through automated car washes because of it
    I had an SF Intake on my 05 STI...if you don't have the box, KEEP THE UNDERCARRIAGE COVER!!!!

Otherwise if you hit any standing water (say, 2 feet worth?) you could flood the engine. Ask me how I know...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I had an SF Intake on my 05 STI...if you don't have the box, KEEP THE UNDERCARRIAGE COVER!!!!

Otherwise if you hit any standing water (say, 2 feet worth?) you could flood the engine. Ask me how I know...
    How you know?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Who runs into 2 feet of water anyways....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

So I don't need to change my map/tune just to add the Cobb Sf intake? Their site makes it seem like (to me atleast) their ots maps are ok with stock airbox and their own Sf intake. I don't know for sure, but I do want to be 100% positive.

Should I go ahead and get the Cobb post maf hose? Any problems using one with my Perrin turbo inlet hose?

Everything is fine. If you need further reassurance contact Cobb support, they are very helpful.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat05 View Post
    So I don't need to change my map/tune just to add the Cobb Sf intake? Their site makes it seem like (to me atleast) their ots maps are ok with stock airbox and their own Sf intake. I don't know for sure, but I do want to be 100% positive.

Should I go ahead and get the Cobb post maf hose? Any problems using one with my Perrin turbo inlet hose?
    The turbo inlet hose is more of a reliability mod and does not need a tune. The inlet on the older models can weaken over time and replacing it is a great idea. As long as you follow the map notes in from the COBB website, then you should be ok. But you want to make sure you do datalogs after you load a map. I can stress how important that is. That is how you will be able to tell if anything is wrong with how your car is accepting the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    How you know?
    A little birdy told me...or maybe it was a little fishy...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

car already has the turbo inlet and cobb stage 2 map...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12