Uknown bolt needed...

This is a discussion on Uknown bolt needed... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In pulling my engine, I used the bolts holding my intake plenum onto my block. Long time mechanic friend of ...

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States

Uknown bolt needed...

In pulling my engine, I used the bolts holding my intake plenum onto my block. Long time mechanic friend of mine said theyd hold, and im sure they would have if I was ready to pull the first time... In any event, the 4 I used bent and cant be reused. Anyone know where I can get these bolts, or a Part# I can give to my local Subaru Dealer?
    I circled the 4 bolts in Red.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

be easier just to take them to the dealer(old bolts) or a good hardware store with a printout of that page for the dealer. hardware store should be able to match or better the factory bolts. dealer will charge you too much but it mostly assures they're going to be correct.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

My concern is what grade? Around me, its either grade 8 or ungraded. Also, are they hardened? Are they heat treated? No stores around me have hardened or heat treated unless they're monster bolts. Probably will head to my local Subaru dealership, even though its 45 minutes away....

ahhh....metric bolts. i dont think it is to hard, it isnt clamping with much force(look at the torque values in the service manual) but if the bolts are in good shape there should be a designation of its hardness like 10.8 or 9.8 something like that. the grading system is different for metric bolts from the SAE version. you are lucky to have a dealership close, but with a hour and a half round trip id call the parts department first to make sure they have them. ive even sent a parts guy a picture of a emission control valve behind the alternator just to be sure it was right before i went seven hours to get mine.(there was more reasons to the trip, but its the only subaru dealer ive got parts from...at a dealer anyway) phone call is cheap and any counter parts pro should just about be able to tell you without checking the computer.

or something like this
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Didnt know about the different grading rob. Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow, gotta go right next door (sorta) to them, so I may as well see if they have anything. The only designation on the bolts is 9. Anywho, one more thing on my honey do list tomorrow!