Racer X fmic vs Process West tmic?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Racer X fmic vs Process West tmic? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've read a lot about the PW tmic but can't find much useful info on the racer x fmic. There ...

Racer X fmic vs Process West tmic?

I've read a lot about the PW tmic but can't find much useful info on the racer x fmic. There is very limited info out there regarding the racer x. I've already purchase tons of aftermarket parts over the holidays and am just waiting to install. I want to do a full stg 2 build, or I guess full bolt on build with the stock turbo. I'm curious as to how well the racer x performs on the stock turbo vs PW. I'd also like to know how the quality is or any other general info about it you may have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are staying stock turbo the pw tmic would be a great upgrade. They are some of the best (ets is great as well). You don't need a fmic at stage 2.

The racer x has a better price tag, just curious if its worth getting over the PW. I under stand its not needed, but if it performs better I'd like to know. Any one have any useful info on the racer x?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    From what I've seen, Racer X is a knock off brand, and it looks to have pretty poor core density. Though I have never personally had one in my hands, so I can't say for sure.

I would expect the PW TMIC to outperform the Racer X FMIC in all areas, other than propensity to heat soak.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    From what I've seen, Racer X is a knock off brand, and it looks to have pretty poor core density. Though I have never personally had one in my hands, so I can't say for sure.

I would expect the PW TMIC to outperform the Racer X FMIC in all areas, other than propensity to heat soak.
    Okay thanks. I'm assuming not many have used the racer x.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you aren't doing a rotated set-up there isn't much benefit to FMIC over TMIC. IMO at least.

That and the PW TMIC has been proven in many builds to be an exceptional TMIC. Outside of Speed Racer, I've never heard of RacerX.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    If you aren't doing a rotated set-up there isn't much benefit to FMIC over TMIC. IMO at least.

That and the PW TMIC has been proven in many builds to be an exceptional TMIC. Outside of Speed Racer, I've never heard of RacerX.
    what would be the risks be in running the racer x?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doinworqson View Post
    what would be the risks be in running the racer x?

poor performance, poor fitment, possibility of breakage..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    poor performance, poor fitment, possibility of breakage..
    ^This

The motto to remember here is "You get what you pay for". Sure that price might be appealing but, there is a reason it is so cheep.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

It will also take longer to build pressure....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    It will also take longer to build pressure....
    will smaller than normal FMIC pipe diameter help with that? one thing I have read is that Racer x pipe diameter is a lil smaller than most FMICs

That would end up restricting the flow... FMIC is for larger turbos, otherwise it's counterproductive.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    will smaller than normal FMIC pipe diameter help with that? one thing I have read is that Racer x pipe diameter is a lil smaller than most FMICs
    It's more distance to the turbo. FMIC's aren't useful on a stock setup because the stock turbo is small and needs denser air to be effective. Having an FMIC that far away causes the air to lose density through heat soak, therefore limiting performance. (I could be wrong on this principle but, in general this is correct).

Bottom line, you don't want an FMIC on a stock turbo.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    It's more distance to the turbo. FMIC's aren't useful on a stock setup because the stock turbo is small and needs denser air to be effective. Having an FMIC that far away causes the air to lose density through heat soak, therefore limiting performance. (I could be wrong on this principle but, in general this is correct).

Bottom line, you don't want an FMIC on a stock turbo.
    Okay gotchu, that makes sense. PW is what ill go with then most likely. so far ive got Invidia DP catted, N1 race dual, AEM intake, goin on this week to start my modding. i also got the cobb EBCS but am waiting to get my fuel pump and injectors before installing that. that way i can get it all tuned at once. any other mods you recomend to go along with this? oh and i also got prosport evo guages, boost, oil pressure, and WAFR.

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay gotchu, that makes sense. PW is what ill go with then most likely. so far ive got Invidia DP catted, N1 race dual, AEM intake, goin on this week to start my modding. i also got the cobb EBCS but am waiting to get my fuel pump and injectors before installing that. that way i can get it all tuned at once. any other mods you recomend to go along with this? oh and i also got prosport evo guages, boost, oil pressure, and WAFR.
    Honestly you shouldn't install any of that until you are ready to get tuned. Better safe than sorry.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.