Racer X fmic vs Process West tmic? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Racer X fmic vs Process West tmic? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wakeupandbord Yes, proven products with proven results. 100+ buyers who are happy with RacerX kit, that sounds ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeupandbord View Post
    Yes, proven products with proven results. 100+ buyers who are happy with RacerX kit, that sounds like proven to me. So what if he didnt sell 8 billion of them, you're still neglecting to consider it as a choice, which is obviously something more personal than actual reasoning.

If you are implying the FMIC kit, which costs less than the TMIC, is not suitable for a stage 2 kit, then provide me with some reasoning please.
    Not, "it doesn't require it" or something to that affect. You say there's data, look around. Very helpful, thanks... Your not even telling me what this data conveys. Cool FMIC and TMIC data, but what are you telling me about it!? If you think somewhere these is some data comparing the PW to the RacerX then HEY you got something. But you don't...

I'm not claiming he needs it, but he does need some sort of IC, and if he can spend less and potentially get a more useful system, then why not do it?

I'm done here though, you've wasted my time by providing absolutely nothing to the conversation. No sources of info, nothing useful, strictly opinion, goodbye I've got better things to do. Let the damn kid decide what HE wants, not what you want. I'm trying to give him the overall concensus of how people felt about the Racerx FMIC kit, while providing him with places to read more about it.

If you had something useful to say, you would have already chimed in with it. (subscription removed)

The topic has been beaten to death on here. If you can't type into the search engine then I am not going to do it for you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    #4 is the only thing that made me think twice, until I found out its not necessarily true because it can be tuned out, PLUS I believe you're more likely to gain HP on a FMIC than a TMIC, so would you even notice? Also, his FMIC kit has about 2 feet LESS of tubing than any of FMIC kit. Turbo lag, where?
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you could tune out the laws of physics. You are horribly mis-informed in this regard. Still, all FMIC kits contain more piping than the TMIC. This will increase lag and tip-in adjustment. Perhaps an even larger concern (IMO) is the reduction in throttle response which is directly linked to the driving experience.

rocess West undoubtedly has the best looking TMIC and arguably one of the best performing, highest flowing...TMIC. Although, a TMIC is very limited to the size it can be, and how well it can function, due to its location on TOP of the engine. From what I have concluded time and time again, spending $700+ on a TMIC that will yield negligible performance gains, and little heat soaking benefits, is pretty dumb IMO.
    You clearly do not understand the performance benefit of a quality TMIC. The performance improvement has little to do with the size of the core and the airflow through the core. Instead, the main performance benefit of a quality TMIC includes the amount of thermal mass the core contains (which the PWest unit contains CONSIDERABLY more thermal mass) and the pressure drop across the core. While I won't argue that in high-dollar builds a FMIC will outperform a TMIC due to the physical constraints you have mentioned, STAGE 2 builds (as Craig has mentioned) will see little difference between the TMIC and FMIC on the dyno.

Let's talk about our Resumes shall we? Many of us here on the forums tune our own cars. Do you? Be careful who you piss on.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

oh man. fun thread. anywhos, OP, I have the PW TMIC on my 11 wrx and its amazing. Even after hard, hard runs its cool to touch. I can send you side by side pics of stock vs pw tmic to show the massive difference if you would like. the piece is very nice, super easy to install. it is also one of the few IC's i have seen that come with new (quality!) hoses plus custom (quality!) air diverter (the piece under hood scoop that distributes air over IC core). did i mention its amazing? hit me up if you have any questions or want pics.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Be careful who you piss on.
    Hi I'm here for the golden showers?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Zax for President!!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I've decided to play it safe and go with the PW TMIC… The Racer X just seem to receive very little love on all the forums.. loved the price point on it, just little to no information out there on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123