2.0 to 2.5
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2.0 to 2.5 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello start off by saying I got a 03 wrx 2.0t motor spun every connecting rod bearings was going to ...

2.0 to 2.5

hello start off by saying I got a 03 wrx 2.0t motor spun every connecting rod bearings was going to rebuild also has valve with 2 slices in it my question is can I just drop a 2.5 in and if so what mods need done I don't care about boost and power just stock or average just want car to drive have fun and enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Although there is no such thing as "just drop," the answer is yes. If you need heads too then find an entire motor. If you don't need heads search "hybrid build." Either way you will need to map the ECU, minimum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

/facepalm
    2013 STi Sedan
    Pro-tuned by John @ Akuma Motorsports
    Cobb Downpipe
    Cobb Heatshield
    Invidia Q300 CBE
    K&N Drop-in Filter
    DW65c Fuel Pump

ok but my main thing is harness and ecm will work just need turned

I Support ClubWRX
    Not quite, no. It will depend on how throttle and valve control are done for example . Do you need heads?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have an 03 wagon. I did the Hybrid build with mine a 2.5 sti short block with my 2.0 heads. 850 cc deachwerk injectors, 20g turbo (my vf39 went bad), walboro 255 fuel pump, 44mm tial external wastegate, cobb ebc, full turbo back exhaust and upipe from turbo xs with a tune from turbo xs obviously, sti top mount intercooler (will need to get a turbo xs top mount now for 20g), intake. the full swap for an sti you'll have to get exhaust and intake manifolds, set it up for drive by wire I think (don't quote me on that.) get an sti ecu and a tune. My car now is 336 hp, 335 torque. Just be careful with the manual 5 speed over 300!! Or if you just want stock rebuild it if your comfortable or have someone else do it. Or get a short block and rebuild the heads.
    Last edited by scoobaru03; 12-30-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: more info..
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nternal View Post
    ok but my main thing is harness and ecm will work just need turned
    No. Not even close.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User ronzonothebugeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobaru03 View Post
    I have an 03 wagon. I did the Hybrid build with mine a 2.5 sti short block with my 2.0 heads. 850 cc deachwerk injectors, 20g turbo (my vf39 went bad), walboro 255 fuel pump, 44mm tial external wastegate, cobb ebc, full turbo back exhaust and upipe from turbo xs with a tune from turbo xs obviously, sti top mount intercooler (will need to get a turbo xs top mount now for 20g), intake. the full swap for an sti you'll have to get exhaust and intake manifolds, set it up for drive by wire I think (don't quote me on that.) get an sti ecu and a tune. My car now is 336 hp, 335 torque. Just be careful with the manual 5 speed over 300!! Or if you just want stock rebuild it if your comfortable or have someone else do it. Or get a short block and rebuild the heads.
    Im currently running a vf39, and am thinking of running a 20g, i am also running the pink injectors. my vf39 is starting to smoke.... is the 20g to big, do you think I should run an 18g or 16g. any suggestions. im thinking of rebuildingthe vf39, i may add a new compressor wheel what do you think?

https://www.xsboostturbochargers.com...f39-vf43-vf48/
    LS stocker to a VTEC rocker!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.