I need your help, What should I do next?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I need your help, What should I do next? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I need everyone's help/opinion, I have about a thousand bucks to spend on parts and was wondering what you ...

I need your help, What should I do next?

So I need everyone's help/opinion, I have about a thousand bucks to spend on parts and was wondering what you guys think I should get. I am open to anything suspension, motor, exterior, interior whatever. I'm personally leaning twoards a little more performance and I'm thinking about going with TP along with some other mods, let me know what you all think I'm having a hard time deciding!
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB AP, Stage 2 Pro Tune From Innovative Tuning, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Perforance Axel Back, 300HP Club!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would recommend bolting on a new CBE to that there downpipe. Based on your current mods, this allows you to keep the current OTS tune on the car.
    2013 STi Sedan
    Pro-tuned by John @ Akuma Motorsports
    Cobb Downpipe
    Cobb Heatshield
    Invidia Q300 CBE
    K&N Drop-in Filter
    DW65c Fuel Pump

I Support ClubWRX
    I would go stainless steel braided brake lines, brake fluid, brake pads, shifter bushings (front and back), short shifter, swaybars, and end links.

If you aren't addicted to the 'subie rumble', I'd at least consider ELH & uppipe with a TP tune to go along with it. My favorite mod so far.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Exterior or Motor for now. Suspension stuff can get very expensive and you usually have to upgrade several things at once.

Headers and uppipe sounds nice! I was thinking about throwing on a nameless axel back?
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB AP, Stage 2 Pro Tune From Innovative Tuning, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Perforance Axel Back, 300HP Club!!!

Meh, if you've got the money as you say you do, I'd skip a TP tune and look for a protune somewhere. Spend the rest on upgraded brake pads, sways, and endlinks.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I would get a pro tune but the only place by me has had some bad reviews and the next closest spot is stm in rochester, so I figured I would just do tp for now till I get everything done and then make the trip. Belive me I would love to get it pro tuned. I'm thinking maybe ebcs, sts, tmic, headers and uppipe, obviously not all that at once but something along those lines, and what's your guys' s opinion on headers, should I do an uppipe at the same time and if I do is it better to go ewg or just a straight uppipe for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Meh, if you've got the money as you say you do, I'd skip a TP tune and look for a protune somewhere. Spend the rest on upgraded brake pads, sways, and endlinks.
    I agree. I would get injectors, EBCS, and a protune.... Or even a protune by itself. It will be a big difference...
    A car is only as good as its driver

If you don't have a full TBE that is a no-brainer buy. This should be one of the first modifications on any performance vehicle. Not only does it allow your car to perform better, but the sound is an added bonus! New rotors, pads and SS brake lines are also a good upgrade. You should really make your car stop better before adding power!
    2010 WRB WRX

I would also recommend WTF Tuning over anything TP as well if you do want to go the E-Tune route.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by boone1186 View Post
    If you don't have a full TBE that is a no-brainer buy. This should be one of the first modifications on any performance vehicle. Not only does it allow your car to perform better, but the sound is an added bonus! New rotors, pads and SS brake lines are also a good upgrade. You should really make your car stop better before adding power!
    He already has the downpipe. Adding the CBE to it will not add any performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX
    I would get a pro tune but the only place by me has had some bad reviews and the next closest spot is stm in rochester
    I don't know who has bashed Mike, but he is a solid dude, with great results. I'd be very wary of "bad reviews"; I know in the past, his dyno read lower than almost any other (stock STIs put down under 200whp), and a lot of people complained about that, but they simply don't understand how dynos work. I've never gotten tuned by him personally, but I've ridden in more than enough of his builds to know what he's capable of, both in customer service and tuning.

One thing I like about him is that he'll put out solid information:
    2011 Subaru STI stage 2 plus intake. Before/After intake test. - NASIOC
    Why your fuel economy is so much worse in the winter. - NASIOC

Plus, you can see that they're pushing the boundaries with some cool setups:
    Quickest/Fastest Stock Shortblock Subaru In The World, First In The 9s - NASIOC
    Dyno&Timeslips - VF48/Any north american Subaru stock turbo record, first in the 10s! - NASIOC
    526 wheel HP at 21 psi, playing with a stock shortblock - NASIOC

I'd actually be curious to have Mike retune my car and see where him and I differ in our methods and see before/after results...

I was brought up in this thread about the possibility of an e-tune, and I will just say that I would tell you to go to Mike, because he will treat you well, and provide a better tune than I can offer (you can only get so close via email vs in person).
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-31-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks ej I have only heard a couple of my friends say "don't go there" but now that I really think about it I don't think they have ever been there them selfs so really how would they know, maybe its worth giving them a shot plus its right around the corner from me. Ya I already have a dp so like mikie said it wouldn't really do anything for me right now.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Buy an IRA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.