07 STI Tuning Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 STI Tuning Question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I posted here about 2 months ago trying to figure some things out about the 07 STi I recently bought. ...

07 STI Tuning Question

I posted here about 2 months ago trying to figure some things out about the 07 STi I recently bought. I bought it with some after market parts already installed: An unmarked TBE with the down pipe wrapped up and an Injen cold air intake.

After reading up, and still not completely understanding, one thing I do understand is that my car needs to be tuned after these parts being installed. A couple questions I have are, first of all, what would be the best way to tune with the parts I have installed. Also, what stage would my STi be considered?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

07 STI Tuning Question

The first question is whether the car already has a tune or not. Is the CEL on? If not, why not?

If no tune or if you do have a CEL: You could find a local shop or you could DIY.

"Stages" are a matter of marketing. If I were trying to market parts I'd say "two" but since I'm not, I'll leave you with this: if you do decide to have a shop do the work ask them what else might be on the car and whether they can tube around it all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thank you for the response. The CEL is on along with the cruise control light blinking. This started happening about a mile after driving it off the lot. I took it back to the dealer and they turned both of the lights off and told me it was a problem with air in the gas tank, which sounds like complete BS to me, just to get me out of there and stop asking questions. Anyway, the CEL came back on and the cruise control light started blinking again about a month ago. Both times this has happened, the lights have come on together at the same time.

How do I even find out if it has been tuned?

I Support ClubWRX
    OK that makes sense.

You need to remap the car as above.

As an aside, I question the legality of selling that car for road use in the US. By extension I question the legality of the practices by that dealer. Anyway, tune the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hopefully not too much damage has been done to your car already. It's very dangerous driving around with those kind of modifications done to a car without a tune. How many miles have you driven un-tuned with the TBE and Intake on the car?
    2013 STi Sedan
    Pro-tuned by John @ Akuma Motorsports
    Cobb Downpipe
    Cobb Heatshield
    Invidia Q300 CBE
    K&N Drop-in Filter
    DW65c Fuel Pump

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.