Short Shifter Question

This is a discussion on Short Shifter Question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my 11 sedan with what I was told was the Factory installed STI SS. How can I verify ...

Short Shifter Question

I bought my 11 sedan with what I was told was the Factory installed STI SS. How can I verify this? I was looking into purchasing a SS w/ Bushings but I do not know how to tell what is currently installed. Apologies if this was answered before or if posted in wrong section. Food for thought, the shift knob is a 5 speed knob that says STI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm I just bought a 2014 with the STI short shifter and I was actually wondering the same thing. It hasn't really felt like a short throw shifter, so I was starting to get suspicious... my shift knob doesn't even have STI on it. This thread makes me paranoid now

The sts doesn't come with a new knob. Its just a new lever, and linkage.

look up pictures and compare(same shift knob). or if you wanted to be exact measure the shifter with the shift boot off..

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    look up pictures and compare(same shift knob). or if you wanted to be exact measure the shifter with the shift boot off..
    and the shift knob also off..

Shifter is stock size the linkage is what is different giving you the shorter throw.