Will a Oem 2008 WRX radiator with on a 2011 Wrx?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will a Oem 2008 WRX radiator with on a 2011 Wrx? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to buy a oem radiator. Someone here on the forum, has a 2008 wrx radiator with the fans, ...

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Will a Oem 2008 WRX radiator with on a 2011 Wrx?

I'm looking to buy a oem radiator. Someone here on the forum, has a 2008 wrx radiator with the fans, and I'm wondering if it'll fit to a 2011 wrx? I can't find the oem number for the 2011 wrx.. Would help a lot, if anyone has any idea.
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    From SubaruGenuineParts.com :: Original parts for your Subaru - says same part.

Radiator, Radiator
    Impreza, w/Turbo, Manual Trans, w/o STi Model
    COOLING SYSTEM »Cooling system
    Subaru › Impreza › 2008-2011
    List Price : $379.96
    Your Price : $324.48

I Support ClubWRX
    Anyone else also confirm this before I buy it and so I don't accidently get stuck with it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Just curious why you need a new radiator so soon. And if you do why not go aftermarket like a Mishimoto?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Just curious why you need a new radiator so soon. And if you do why not go aftermarket like a Mishimoto?
    1. Long story short, my radiator is leaking.
    2. I rather go with OEM instead of aftermarket crap, and why would I spend more when I could get original equipment, and why would I need extra cooling for a stock engine...Either way, my engine is gonna be in the middle of the car temperature gauge..
    I'm not going on a track..I'm just doing very little highway and regular village driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree that going aftermarket would be much better than used oem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mishimoto or Koyo radiators are a LOT better than any OEM. It is far from being crap. I think Mishimotos cost around $300 & Koyos are $400.

Edit: They are around $300.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mishimoto or Koyo radiators are a LOT better than any OEM. It is far from being crap. I think Mishimotos cost around $300 & Koyos are $400.

Edit: They are around $300.
    Well at this point, I can't afford it due to holiday time..and there's no overtime plus I need to pay for bills. I only have $200 to spend on it right now. I'll probably just buy the 2008 WRX radiator + fans shroud for $170 shipped until I can afford the Mishimoto or Koyos.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.