2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!!

View Poll Results: Should I do a Stage I after I break-in the car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

8 29.63%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys, first of all wanna say that i'm a noob and this is going to be my first WRX (It's ...

Talking 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!!

Guys, first of all wanna say that i'm a noob and this is going to be my first WRX (It's coming on the 12th of December). I'm 18 and I would like to know some mods under $500 total that will make driving fun and will make my car look awesome. Like it says in the title it's PBP and it's a hatch. I'd like to only know mods that will not void the dealer warranty. I am willing to risk as long as I know that it's safe to mod, won't damage anything in the engine especially. Please give me your honest opinions and like I've said I'm a noob here. I also started a poll to see if I should do Stage 1 tune.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Read these if you haven't yet.

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread

You should be a bit more specific in your request. What do YOU mean by "fun" driving? What do YOU think would make your car look "awesome."
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Hi im new too and im trying to find out how I could post stuff up its my first wrx and I wanna learn about this cars

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome! Read these if you haven't yet.

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread

You should be a bit more specific in your request. What do YOU mean by "fun" driving? What do YOU think would make your car look "awesome."
    So pretty much I like to drive a confident car, shifting all that stuff, and I have looked at the two links you've provided before but most of them are over my $500 budget. Like I've said my car is a hatch and I was thinking doing some exterior mods that will make it stand out quite a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    So pretty much I like to drive a confident car, shifting all that stuff, and I have looked at the two links you've provided before but most of them are over my $500 budget. Like I've said my car is a hatch and I was thinking doing some exterior mods that will make it stand out quite a bit?
    Gotcha. Most performance mods will be tough at that price range, though you can swing stage 1 if you go opensource. You could definitely get a kartboy short shifter kit for under 500. Could maybe do sways too. Not both though, probably, unless you get good deals used.

Looks? Tint, debadge, taillight overlays, a front lip. All those are pretty inexpensive.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Gotcha. Most performance mods will be tough at that price range, though you can swing stage 1 if you go opensource. You could definitely get a kartboy short shifter kit for under 500. Could maybe do sways too. Not both though, probably, unless you get good deals used.

Looks? Tint, debadge, taillight overlays, a front lip. All those are pretty inexpensive.
    Perfect I like what you've said. I will definitely try. Will stage 1 void warranty, any problems with those?

Nothing can void your warranty. All they can do is deny a claim if they can show a modification caused the problem in question

Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    Nothing can void your warranty. All they can do is deny a claim if they can show a modification caused the problem in question
    How about safety? Is the stage 1 safe enough for the car? I mean I don't want to have the engine blow or something happen that won't be covered by the warranty.

How about safety? Is the stage 1 safe enough for the car? I mean I don't want to have the engine blow or something happen that won't be covered by the warranty.
    I think you need to slow down and take a breath first. You don't even have the car yet. Are you aware of the break in period?

Just take some time, read, and learn

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep it stock!

I am aware of the break-in period. It's 1000 miles and the way I'm going to break it in is: 4000RPM Max, Vary RPM's as much as possible and drive without any hard acceleration or stops.

I am aware of the break-in period. It's 1000 miles and the way I'm going to break it in is: 4000RPM Max, Vary RPM's as much as possible and drive without any hard acceleration or stops.
    Stopping is a better way to break in the brakes...not necessarily the engine
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Stopping is a better way to break in the brakes...not necessarily the engine
    Haha my bad I meant not screeching or downshifting hard and all that lol.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast