2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! - Page 6

View Poll Results: Should I do a Stage I after I break-in the car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

8 29.63%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Hogdweeb Why couldnt the dealer do an alignment when it was in there....? They could but it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    Why couldnt the dealer do an alignment when it was in there....?
    They could but it was around 100 dollars vs 60 at a car shop near my work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Ahh

Definitely get it aligned! ASAP! The cost is nothing compared to a complete set of tires! Mis-alignment will wear your tires in VERY short order. This is first, everything else is second. Remember, the Subi does NOT like tires with uneven wear, forcing you to buy a complete set! Or you ruin your diff's.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Yeah, I made the mistake of thinking a "not so bad" alignment was okay to run on a previous car.

I had to drop 300 for fronts a few months later. To answer your question, if the shop is reputable I don't see any issue of getting it done at the place near your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    Yeah, I made the mistake of thinking a "not so bad" alignment was okay to run on a previous car.

I had to drop 300 for fronts a few months later. To answer your question, if the shop is reputable I don't see any issue of getting it done at the place near your work.
    Place is rated 4.5/5 on yelp and google and my boss recommends the guy so I think I'll do it!

However it gets done, the sooner the better!

Alright so literally just a minute ago I hit 1,000 Miles. My question.... When can I open up the beast?

Go for it. I recommend a Cobb AP stage 1 OTS map. It will actually feel slower, and the peak HP is actually lower than stock. But the area under the power curve is larger. It will feel much much smoother. I would advise against an intake or cat-back exhaust. You only need a DP to go stage 2. Do not get a protune for just as intake, that would be absurd. If you want to plan for future upgrades, look at the downpipe, fuel system, intercooler, bpv and boost controller. keep in mind if you change any of these components (besides the fuel pump, DP or intercooler) you WILL need a protune. You are in Denver, so The Boost Creep is pretty close (Longmont). Thats where i tuned mine. Talk to Harvey, he's a great tuner and a great guy. he will also educate you and steer you in the proper direction in pursuit of your goals. google The Boost Creep LTD. GL with build!

as was mentioned feel the car out first. you havent even started getting into it yet according to your posts. learn it. I recommend the stage 1 AP tune because I feel it makes the car easier to drive, especially for those new to the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Go for it. I recommend a Cobb AP stage 1 OTS map. It will actually feel slower, and the peak HP is actually lower than stock. But the area under the power curve is larger. It will feel much much smoother. I would advise against an intake or cat-back exhaust. You only need a DP to go stage 2. Do not get a protune for just as intake, that would be absurd. If you want to plan for future upgrades, look at the downpipe, fuel system, intercooler, bpv and boost controller. keep in mind if you change any of these components (besides the fuel pump, DP or intercooler) you WILL need a protune. You are in Denver, so The Boost Creep is pretty close (Longmont). Thats where i tuned mine. Talk to Harvey, he's a great tuner and a great guy. he will also educate you and steer you in the proper direction in pursuit of your goals. google The Boost Creep LTD. GL with build!

as was mentioned feel the car out first. you havent even started getting into it yet according to your posts. learn it. I recommend the stage 1 AP tune because I feel it makes the car easier to drive, especially for those new to the WRX

Highway is fine now? and I can really put the pedal to the metal?

Hell yeah man. That's what you bought it for

Hell yeah man. That's what you bought it for
    I'm just a little paranoid haha. It's a brand new car and I don't want anything to happen but I could tell you that I drove it like a grandma, first 100 miles I went up to 4K RPM but after that I tried shifting at 3K RPM and now I'm a tiny bit paranoid - if you know what I mean. But I LOVE THE CAR ITSELF.

Don't sweat it man. The only way to learn is to make mistakes...our gen of wrx is very durable at stock settings. Plus you still have loads of factory warranty. Doesn't make sense to granny drive it while you are covered, it can take just about anything you can throw at it (again, at stock or stg 1 settings). only thing to avoid is hard launching. even with mine i only soft launch higher than 4k on the track. The stock clutch is pretty robust, but shocking the tranny is never a good thing. Definately eliminate this hesitation prior to doing ANY mods. I would recommend putting at least another 1-2k in mileage before even thinking of upgrades. now stop worrying and go have a blast! you paid for it!

Don't sweat it man. The only way to learn is to make mistakes...our gen of wrx is very durable at stock settings. Plus you still have loads of factory warranty. Doesn't make sense to granny drive it while you are covered, it can take just about anything you can throw at it (again, at stock or stg 1 settings). only thing to avoid is hard launching. even with mine i only soft launch higher than 4k on the track. The stock clutch is pretty robust, but shocking the tranny is never a good thing. Definately eliminate this hesitation prior to doing ANY mods. I would recommend putting at least another 1-2k in mileage before even thinking of upgrades. now stop worrying and go have a blast! you paid for it!
    Sold lol thanks for the info!

No worries bro, always here for info. GLHF!

alright ill always ask haha

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast