2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! - Page 4

View Poll Results: Should I do a Stage I after I break-in the car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 70.37%
  • No

    8 29.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by magasiev13 Lucky you lol with 500 mi on it since it came! I only got 300 so ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    Lucky you lol with 500 mi on it since it came! I only got 300 so far and hard at work going on to 1000 miles lol. What are you thinking for first mods?
    First will probably be (subject to change): tail light overlays (SWP hatch looks goofy with the chrome lights), RA UR flaps with red lettering, Lathe Werks shift knob, Kart Boy STS, possibly shifter bushings, SMY cluster w/ boost and AFR gauge Cobb AP and stage 1 after break in, STi v-limited front lip/side skirt extensions, and maybe some other dress up pieces for now like the Subtle Solutions alt/rad covers.

    Who knows really, but in all honesty I'd like to focus on the engine/trans so I'll probably skip any dress up pieces other than the RA for paint protection.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    First will probably be (subject to change): tail light overlays (SWP hatch looks goofy with the chrome lights), RA UR flaps with red lettering, Lathe Werks shift knob, Kart Boy STS, possibly shifter bushings, SMY cluster w/ boost and AFR gauge Cobb AP and stage 1 after break in, STi v-limited front lip/side skirt extensions, and maybe some other dress up pieces for now like the Subtle Solutions alt/rad covers.

    Who knows really, but in all honesty I'd like to focus on the engine/trans so I'll probably skip any dress up pieces other than the RA for paint protection.
    ok i was thinking something along these lines, what tint % you looking to do.

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    37
    In my area they cracked down on tint. I had 28ish (I honestly don't remember) and was denied a sticker two different two places. The shop I'd usually get one at lost their license, go figure.

    I probably would do that tint again, because it was still a light tint and anything higher would be useless to me. I believe the name was suntek carbon xp. It drastically lowered the temp in the car.

  5. #49
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    In my area they cracked down on tint. I had 28ish (I honestly don't remember) and was denied a sticker two different two places. The shop I'd usually get one at lost their license, go figure.

    I probably would do that tint again, because it was still a light tint and anything higher would be useless to me. I believe the name was suntek carbon xp. It drastically lowered the temp in the car.
    My area no one really cares but I'd be nice to get something lower then 27% lol.

  6. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    37
    Ah, I wish it were the case here. Well I definitely wouldn't cheap out on tint, get the expensive stuff.

  7. #51
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    Has anyone done the trim on the grille at the front of the car? I'd like to add that to the car? Any recommendation? I'd love to hear your stories with these.

  8. #52
    Registered User Hogdweeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    152
    my brother has 25% on his truck... much darker and you wont see anything out the rear other then the headlights coming at you when its night time... surprised you liked the 27%. It looks sharp, but a royal PITA when its dark out.

  9. #53
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    my brother has 25% on his truck... much darker and you wont see anything out the rear other then the headlights coming at you when its night time... surprised you liked the 27%. It looks sharp, but a royal PITA when its dark out.
    That's exactly what I want lol

  10. #54
    Registered User Hogdweeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    152
    lucky you can get it... or close to 25%. MA only allows like 38% or something. barely noticeable. and almost pointless. Wish I could find a work around for it....

  11. #55
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    lucky you can get it... or close to 25%. MA only allows like 38% or something. barely noticeable. and almost pointless. Wish I could find a work around for it....
    27% is legal in CO but I'm goin 15% on the windows and then the back prolly like 20%. About to be sick lol with the PBP color!

  12. #56
    Registered User Hogdweeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    152
    15% upfront too for passenger/driver windows? you're nuts if youre gonna drive it at night...

  13. #57
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    It's totally sick lol, my cousin has that on his RSX and that thing is AWESOME at night lol. Can't see much but works just as fine in the morning/afternoon/evening haha

  14. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    37
    [QUOTE=Hogdweeb;3216978 my brother has 25% on his truck... much darker and you wont see anything out the rear other then the headlights coming at you when its night time... surprised you liked the 27%. It looks sharp, but a royal PITA when its dark out.[/QUOTE]

    At night it got dark, but the tint ran lighter. Gauging by eye it looked legal, but put an actual gauge to it and nope!

    I don't know about 25%, never experienced it but the tint I had was plenty.

  15. #59
    Registered User magasiev13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    78
    So I have 430 miles on the car as of today, if I put an intake in it I'd need a tune? Any benefit without tune?

  16. #60
    Registered User ZXNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    So I have 430 miles on the car as of today, if I put an intake in it I'd need a tune? Any benefit without tune?
    Yes you would absolutely need a tune. And you're not even past break in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •