2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should I do a Stage I after I break-in the car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

8 29.63%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^ gotta get a CBE ASAP! Need noise now. Haha Need to get familiar with the car first. Making it ...

^ gotta get a CBE ASAP! Need noise now. Haha

Need to get familiar with the car first. Making it sound good without going crazy (stage 2+) is fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Under $500, I'd say front lip (v-limited rep or something), flaps (RA if you want to be baller), tint, the shift knob is a little meh, hella supertones, subtle solutions alt and rad cover, rain guards are ftw.

Above all, gasoline to learn how to drive it well first.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    Under $500, I'd say front lip (v-limited rep or something), flaps (RA if you want to be baller), tint, the shift knob is a little meh, hella supertones, subtle solutions alt and rad cover, rain guards are ftw.

Above all, gasoline to learn how to drive it well first.
    What stations/gas would you recommend. I have 91 Octane Shell near my house and I will start only getting that gas. Good enough???

I try to use sunoco/shell/exxon, but I mean gasoline quality per gas station is a very subjective topic in my mind. One shell may vary from the next.

That being said, there is a list of the "top" brands somewhere around here. If at all possible, run 93 but I know that can be scarce in the western parts.

If you have local tuners/race teams ask them what they prefer in their vehicles! It may still vary in your wrx vs their car but it's a start. Don't stress too much on what retailer you use..you'll notice what gas your wrx likes to drink. I'd just avoid "dead" stations or when they're being filled (you'll see the tanker dropping fuel).

I try to use sunoco/shell/exxon, but I mean gasoline quality per gas station is a very subjective topic in my mind. One shell may vary from the next.

That being said, there is a list of the "top" brands somewhere around here. If at all possible, run 93 but I know that can be scarce in the western parts.

If you have local tuners/race teams ask them what they prefer in their vehicles! It may still vary in your wrx vs their car but it's a start. Don't stress too much on what retailer you use..you'll notice what gas your wrx likes to drink. I'd just avoid "dead" stations or when they're being filled (you'll see the tanker dropping fuel).
    thanks lol helpful info

I bought mine last week and for me right now a driver mod is the best thing I could do. I have trouble taking off smoothly.

I bought mine last week and for me right now a driver mod is the best thing I could do. I have trouble taking off smoothly.
    I got the hang of that on the second day and that's just after having an automatic tranny before but my advice on that is, find the clutch engagement without giving any gas and after that it's a breeze, you'll know 100% when to and how much gas to add while releasing clutch. I've got 270 miles on my car and I can't wait till I hit 1000, taking it easy right now.

Yeah the smoothness was/is just my problem, the clutch is a little different than what I was used to (obviously).

Mine came in with 500 mi, since the dealer drove it here from NC. Only way to get the color I wanted haha. Almost at 1000 now, I've accidentally revved it out of gear past 4k but it's not going to break the car like a glass menagerie. I don't suggest it, but I mean I'm sure it won't go boom xD if it does I'll go to the dealer with abroken ringland!

Yeah the smoothness was/is just my problem, the clutch is a little different than what I was used to (obviously).

Mine came in with 500 mi, since the dealer drove it here from NC. Only way to get the color I wanted haha. Almost at 1000 now, I've accidentally revved it out of gear past 4k but it's not going to break the car like a glass menagerie. I don't suggest it, but I mean I'm sure it won't go boom xD if it does I'll go to the dealer with abroken ringland!
    Lucky you lol with 500 mi on it since it came! I only got 300 so far and hard at work going on to 1000 miles lol. What are you thinking for first mods?
    Last edited by magasiev13; 12-17-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Accessport is never a bad choice for a first mod my friend..

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    Accessport is never a bad choice for a first mod my friend..
    outside of voiding his warranty and opening up doors upon doors for making it much faster then needed. Not that its a bad thing, but power gains on a car he doesnt know and being young could equal catastrophe, for him, the car...or worst, both.

Definitely a nice addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    outside of voiding his warranty and opening up doors upon doors for making it much faster then needed. Not that its a bad thing, but power gains on a car he doesnt know and being young could equal catastrophe, for him, the car...or worst, both.

I've been driving for 3 years now and I've went through 3 cars and this car I'm babying at least for a year and a half lol but after that Stage 1 might be an option but for now i'm looking for external, internal or just suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    I've been driving for 3 years now and I've went through 3 cars and this car I'm babying, hopefully until the end of break-in. lol but after that Stage 1 might be an option but for now i'm looking for external, internal or just suspension.
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post

This does not void a warranty.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    FTFY
    haha Thanks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast