2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should I do a Stage I after I break-in the car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

8 29.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base Hatch PBP First Mods HELP!!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Keep it stock. I'm 20, got my hands on a 2004 WRX with an intake and tuned to stage 1. ...

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Keep it stock. I'm 20, got my hands on a 2004 WRX with an intake and tuned to stage 1. More then fast enough for any situation... at 18? The car will be fast enough stock. Stick with aesthetics. anything to increase your cornering is just gonna make you push it when the engine is broken in....and unless you have some super abilities, it more then likely wont end pretty....

Tints, debadging. Both always look amazing on WRX's, and you dont need to worry about painting the woods with your car...or worse...you. Seen that a couple times being an EMT. Scary stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    Keep it stock. I'm 20, got my hands on a 2004 WRX with an intake and tuned to stage 1. More then fast enough for any situation... at 18? The car will be fast enough stock. Stick with aesthetics. anything to increase your cornering is just gonna make you push it when the engine is broken in....and unless you have some super abilities, it more then likely wont end pretty....

Tints, debadging. Both always look amazing on WRX's, and you dont need to worry about painting the woods with your car...or worse...you. Seen that a couple times being an EMT. Scary stuff.
    Alright good enough. I just heard that a lot of factory programmed ecu are running WRXs lean. I would love to only have the best quality, I mean it's my first car and I want it to be in great, perfect mechanical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    Alright good enough. I just heard that a lot of factory programmed ecu are running WRXs lean. I would love to only have the best quality, I mean it's my first car and I want it to be in great, perfect mechanical condition.
    first car? i take my vote back and you should leave it stock because this car may be much for you. noticing you live in colorado i would suggest your first mod should def be winter tires. once you get to know your car a little down the road i would get the cobb ap first and then go straight to a dp. a lot of people recommend getting a protune over the ap but modding with an ap is so much easier because every time you install apart your a button click away from tuning it. getting a protune every part you get in the future you need to bring the car in and get it tuned for it. once you're where ever you want to be you can always sell the ap, take a 100-200$ hit and get a protune and be done. as far as warranties if you're nervous about keeping it dont mod your car at all, you have to pay to play
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISesBUENO View Post
    first car? i take my vote back and you should leave it stock because this car may be much for you. noticing you live in colorado i would suggest your first mod should def be winter tires. once you get to know your car a little down the road i would get the cobb ap first and then go straight to a dp. a lot of people recommend getting a protune over the ap but modding with an ap is so much easier because every time you install apart your a button click away from tuning it. getting a protune every part you get in the future you need to bring the car in and get it tuned for it. once you're where ever you want to be you can always sell the ap, take a 100-200$ hit and get a protune and be done. as far as warranties if you're nervous about keeping it dont mod your car at all, you have to pay to play
    What I meant to say is that this is my first Subaru car I've had 3 card before her. Haha nope not first time driving either sorry for the confusion.

take time and read through the forums, my thread is about my 2012 an has a decent amount of info... Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods

Hey just! I got my car tonight at around 6pm MT. Well here it is!

im 22 and came from a scion tc and this car has plenty of power for me. couldnt imagine having this car at 18. i just passed the break in period and driving is a blast. like the others said, enjoy the stock car and get used to it. learn its limits and when you feel bored with the power, go stage 1 or 2. i promise you will be content with the car the way it is though. (thinking about it, ive only had my car for a month so maybe im speaking too soon lol) I would like go stage 1 in the future but im still getting use to the car so that will wait.

also during the break in i thought the car was fast keeping it below 4k rpm. i was in for a surprise once i was able to really get on it after the 1000 miles. car pulls like a mofo haha. (also probably not helping you wanting to stay below 4k rpms lol)

be safe though. its a beautiful machine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    im 22 and came from a scion tc and this car has plenty of power for me. couldnt imagine having this car at 18. i just passed the break in period and driving is a blast. like the others said, enjoy the stock car and get used to it. learn its limits and when you feel bored with the power, go stage 1 or 2. i promise you will be content with the car the way it is though. (thinking about it, ive only had my car for a month so maybe im speaking too soon lol) I would like go stage 1 in the future but im still getting use to the car so that will wait.

also during the break in i thought the car was fast keeping it below 4k rpm. i was in for a surprise once i was able to really get on it after the 1000 miles. car pulls like a mofo haha. (also probably not helping you wanting to stay below 4k rpms lol)

be safe though. its a beautiful machine.
    Yep I tested it out yesterday and like you've said keeping it under 4K RPM is faster than any car ive owned so far so I guess I will not be going Stage 1 anytime soon.

Guys, please meet my car. haha Got it yesterday but couldn't upload a picture till now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0435.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	126050

enjoy the cleanliness cause its about to get real dirty. first mod, winter wheels (steelies to keep snow and all the **** they spray on the roads away from the brakes) and winter tires. if you buy used, make sure the wheels have 5x100 bolt pattern and have the correct bore size 56.1mm. that'll probably set you back at least $500.

Voted.

No you should not upgrade to Stage 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Voted.

No you should not upgrade to Stage 1.
    yeah i think im not goin to till im out of warranty and even then I wont know for sure.

I picked up my 2013 wrx with 6 miles on the odometer and went stage 2 before my first oil change

Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    yeah i think im not goin to till im out of warranty and even then I wont know for sure.
    I don't think you should wait that long. It's your vehicle but I'd get other parts before I'd go Stage 1.

- Sway bars/endlinks
    - Catback exhaust
    - Springs/Struts
    - Other small items (Short Shifter/Bushings)

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I don't think you should wait that long. It's your vehicle but I'd get other parts before I'd go Stage 1.

- Sway bars/endlinks
    - Catback exhaust
    - Springs/Struts
    - Other small items (Short Shifter/Bushings)
    I agree with 1 and 4 on your list there, a cbe is practically pointless without supporting mods (except noise), and springs and struts i would only do if you were thinking of lowering the vehicle or if you set it up for the track. The stock tune really sucks from factory so stage 1 you won't notice really any difference in power, it just runs healthier IMO. Although it does have a much smoother power band and seems to hit boost about 500 rpms earlier. I did sways and end links first cause from factory the car corners like sh!t. Now i just bought the access port, a front lip, and some hella's. The hella's and the front lip are a great accent/look for very little money. The access port isn't very cheap, but is not something you would regret buying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.