To mod or not to mod?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on To mod or not to mod? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do you guys like to leave your vehicles stock or mod them abit? Do you mod nearly everything or just ...

To mod or not to mod?

Do you guys like to leave your vehicles stock or mod them abit? Do you mod nearly everything or just a few select items? I put an axelback exhaust on mine because I wanted a throatier sound, I already knew the gains were minimal if any but I like it, now just need to change the ugly antenna.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My WRX is pretty heavily modded.. and in turn, it's pretty unreliable too.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    My WRX is pretty heavily modded.. and in turn, it's pretty unreliable too.
    Strange, I hear that the wrx is very reliable unless of course you're hard on it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Stage 2 power mods is all for me. Ill do other things like suspension and bushings as they wear out. Replace and upgrade at the same time. When im in a secure financial position with another car to drive that is not an 84 Chevy truck, Ill shoot for about 300whp and keep it as a half fun car, half daily driver. So, 3-4 days a week I'll drive it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'm not looking for instructions on how to mod, I'm looking for opinions if people like to mod their scoobs or leave em stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    I'm not looking for instructions on how to mod, I'm looking for opinions if people like to mod their scoobs or leave em stock.
    Comprehensive WRX Modification List

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Stage 2 power mods is all for me. Ill do other things like suspension and bushings as they wear out. Replace and upgrade at the same time. When im in a secure financial position with another car to drive that is not an 84 Chevy truck, Ill shoot for about 300whp and keep it as a half fun car, half daily driver. So, 3-4 days a week I'll drive it.
    Yeah that's usually how I go, when something wears out i'll upgrade it to something better then stock. Good way to go, slower process but easier on the wallet.

I plan to do an axle back, sway's with end links, maybe a Cobb AP 93 tune and plasti dip my rims gold.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Strange, I hear that the wrx is very reliable unless of course you're hard on it.

No 600+hp WRX is reliable, I don't care who tells you otherwise. Every aftermarket part is another possible point of failure.. mo mods mo problems.

If it takes me more than a weekend to revert back to stock, whichever car I own at the moment, then it wouldn't be my daily driver.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    If it takes me more than a weekend to revert back to stock, whichever car I own at the moment, then it wouldn't be my daily driver.

So what's your point then?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    So what's your point then?
    ..sounded better in my head.

Guess it just means I modify to a certain point, that's it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If he cannot revert back to stock within a weekend, then he would not daily drive it. So, if he daily drives it, he would only add parts that he can take off easily in a weekend. If he does not daily drive it, then he has no condition.

...Yep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast