Vf39 on 03 wrx question

This is a discussion on Vf39 on 03 wrx question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am planning on getting a vf39 turbo on my wrx. What supporting mods do I need. Should i ...

Vf39 on 03 wrx question

So I am planning on getting a vf39 turbo on my wrx. What supporting mods do I need. Should i worry about anything like my transmission or motor? Are there any others parts that will needed to be upgraded?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    That turbo works alright on the 2.0L, pretty common swap.

I would recommend:
    maintenance, get the motor checked out, and a compression test before anything else. To make sure the motor is strong.

for parts, a regular setup would be:
    Downpipe (full TBE if you want it)
    up-pipe (if you haven't already)
    Injectors (565cc STi pinks work, but you might want 850cc or so for extra room, depends on tuner's preference)
    Fuel Pump (255Lph)
    STi Intercooler

Anything additional parts would be up to your tuner like a 3 port EBCS, MBC, etc.

Great!!!! Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pang_bugeye View Post
    So I am planning on getting a vf39 turbo on my wrx. What supporting mods do I need.
    A map to support the following: the turbo, larger injectors, an up pipe, a down pipe, an intercooler, and a fuel pump. Look at the inlet while everything is apart and look at the IC hoses also. The map should be able to deal with the CELs from the up pipe and the down pipe at a minimum.

Should i worry about anything like my transmission or motor?
    Probably. Put some money aside.

Are there any others parts that will needed to be upgraded?
    Whatever breaks after that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Im doing the same swap in my 03 wrx im just replacing it with a VF35 all im going to do is get a tune after and thats it theres no need for bigger injecters or intercoolers , these do help but they can come into it later. Ive already got a TBE ill just replace the gaskets only & maybe fuel pump to a walbro 155 they come cheap anyway then fun time i recon ill get 180 - 190 kw at the wheels with just a custom tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

STi TMIC
    565cc Injectors
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    downpipe/uppipe
    your turbocharger choice up to a vf39 or small 16G

-these are amongst the most popular mods because they are easy, there are thousands of cars with these parts together, and good tuning work has been done to make this operate smoothly.

SD_GR has you covered.