04 stage 2 wrx not hitting target boost

This is a discussion on 04 stage 2 wrx not hitting target boost within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive been running the stage 1 hwg 91acn map on my accessport for a while and was only able to ...

04 stage 2 wrx not hitting target boost

Ive been running the stage 1 hwg 91acn map on my accessport for a while and was only able to hit about 12 psi of boost. I Recently went stage 2 on my accessport with a Catted downpipe and a cat back as my only exhaust mods and I'm only hitting 13.5 psi. Cobb says the target for stage 2 is 16psi so obviously I'm short a few psi. I have checked all my hoses/clamps and haven't found any boost or exhaust leaks. I've read about adjust the waste gate actuator and was wondering if that would be a safe way to increase my boost levels. Any input is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    have you tried the high waste gate maps? cobb has them specifically if you are not hitting target boost.

Accessport Off The Shelf Maps

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Sorry, should have been more specific. I'm currently running the stage 2 hwg 91 acn map.

anybody have any suggestions?

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you pressure/smoke tested the car to verify there aren't any leaks or did you just do a visual check?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Haven't had a chance to do the smoke test yet so there is a possibility for a leak. I've checked pretty much everything though. Maybe this weekend I'll do the smoke test
    Edit: Does anybody have a good DIY for a smoke/pressure test? Looking around and I can't find a good one
    Last edited by dragon wagon; 12-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Update: Found out I had a bad bpv gasket, went to the dealer, got a new one and replaced it. After I installed the new gasket, I took the car out and was hitting 16.3 psi and all was good. Later in the day doing pulls in both 2nd and 3rd gear, the car seems to hesitate before fully accelerating and then go again, almost as if I had stepped on the brakes. I flashed the stage 2 map with regular wastegate and would hit about 15.5 psi and the problem was less noticeable, although still present. I have experienced this before I bought an accessport, while the car was completely stock. While running the stage 1 tune i had no problems.

So at this point I am unsure whether my car may have been overboosting/experiencing boost creep or if this is some type of fuel related issue.