Hey guys question about my 2004 wrx air intake system - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hey guys question about my 2004 wrx air intake system within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i talked to cobb, and they tools me to run the stage 2 any way just to be safe ...

So i talked to cobb, and they tools me to run the stage 2 any way just to be safe tell i get my cobb sf intake. every thing should be good there. But now back to my normal question. would it be ok to run the cobb filter down where the one i have is, or should i run it off the induction tube that runs to the turbo? The one good thing about where the filter is now is that it is pulling all cold air from underneath the car, instead of pulling the hot air off the motor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Follow the instructions on how the Cobb SF is installed. That is how you should run it. If the part in their pictures isn't there, then don't leave it on your car. Don't add a Cobb intake on to another unit...Cobb didn't build their maps to combine intakes.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Alright makes sense, I'll just have to buy there air box in the future.

Using Tapatalk

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You don't need the airbox.

I know you don't need it, but i feel that it would help keep the intake temp down. Well i could be wrong, I'm really not to sure.

Using Tapatalk

Any one have some thoughts in the air box. Yes or no to it

Using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would use it.. or actually, I would make my own for a fraction of the price.

Yea i was thinking that to its just a box can't be hard to make

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bbanks View Post
    Yea i was thinking that to its just a box can't be hard to make

True story. Just mock up a box using cardboard pieces taped together...then put together using glue/ABS plastic or something similar (or aluminum or other metal if you're good with simple metal fab and welding)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    True story. Just mock up a box using cardboard pieces taped together...then put together using glue/ABS plastic or something similar (or aluminum or other metal if you're good with simple metal fab and welding)

I've actually seen a few pretty legit Subaru guys bring a cardboard box to the track with them and run with that under the hood.

That's awesome lol. I'm pretty good with my hands, i think i could make one out of aluminum and have a Buddy of mine weld it up for me. paint it red and call her good.

Using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.