Hey guys question about my 2004 wrx air intake system - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey guys question about my 2004 wrx air intake system within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TheJ While it may in fact be stupid, there are more effective ways of explaining why that ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    While it may in fact be stupid, there are more effective ways of explaining why that is to a noob. The flame response you provided was more likely to upset and cause butt hurt than to cause someone to stop and think.

We all know ignorance abounds, especially with noobs and flaming them is usually going to cause them to react to the negative ...which causes them to largely miss your actual point.
    Meh, J, there are plenty of threads out there on this, if he doesn't want to do any of the legwork for his info, I'm definitely not spoon-feeding it to him. Could I have been nicer? Sure, but I'm not nice, and the real world isn't either. Maybe I should have just went with the typical old school response of "search n00b."

OP, use the search function a little, read the car manual your car should have come with, and do research before spending money. Most of us have done uh-ohs, hence why a lot of crap is right here already on the forums. So search, and search some more, it pretty much has all been asked before.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No you just like to think your better than every one when in reality your not so just get over you're self and help some people out with respect see that's what's wrong with this wield no one gives a crap i would have been respectful of any one who dissent know what there doing hence y allot are on here

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I thought my post was full of useful information? If I didn't care I would say, "oh, yea, you're fine running it like that", knowing that it's causing damage to your engine. That would be the "pricky" thing to say.

Yea as true as that is you could have also seas hey dint run your car that way you will blow the motor without a pro tune on it that way not rude

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bbanks View Post
    Yea as true as that is you could have also seas hey dint run your car that way you will blow the motor without a pro tune on it that way not rude

I've done that.. probably over a thousand times in the last ten years. And the response I get 90% of the time is something to the effect of, "nahh bro, my car runs just fine like this, I've done it for XXXX miles and it still runs great" (pretty much what you said when you were told it wasn't safe to drive it like that). I don't feel like arguing, so these days I get straight to the point. Just because it "feels" fine doesn't mean that it is, and here's why.. giving a majority of the information up front saves us from going through the back and forth of people trying to defend their actions when I know (for the most part) what I'm talking about, and they do not. It's not that I'm trying to be an ass (I am BTW, just ask either of my ex-wives), I'm just tired of sugar coating information that I seemingly have to give out once or twice a week for years and years.

Nothing wrong with being a noob, everyone is at some point.. but you don't need to feel you're entitled to being coddled either. That's when people get butthurt. Welcome to the internet.

I'm not looking for sugar I'm looking for respect because in not the kind of guy to get walked over and called dumb for something i don't know just because i don't know doesn't make me dumb out makes me not informed and made a mistake by not joining this before i started upgrading my car but now that i know i need to fix what i messed up so now I'm just looking for facts on how i can put thing in to my car the right way

Using Tapatalk

There are certainly A LOT of ways to screw up a Subaru.. people coming from other (mostly older) platforms make lots of mistakes because they don't understand how sensitive these cars are. If you do just about anything that will increase power, you need to tune for it. OR if you mess with the intake (which isn't going to increase power anyways(on GD cars with stock turbo), you need to tune for it.

And you're right, it has very little to do with intelligence.. more so ignorance. And there's about two ways to learn.. do things blindly, and break it yourself, or research research research, and learn from other's mistakes (the second way is much cheaper).

Lol true that how well do you know about the Cobb access port i have one at home but i don't have the Cobb sf intake do you think if i talked to Cobb to see if i can use the maps with my intake tell i get the actual cobb intake do you think that would be ok

Using Tapatalk

No you just like to think your better than every one when in reality your not so just get over you're self and help some people out with respect see that's what's wrong with this wield no one gives a crap i would have been respectful of any one who dissent know what there doing hence y allot are on here

One: I'm not sure what form of English this, it's definitely not the kind spoken in the US or Britain. Two: when dd I say I'm better than you? I told you to do some damned research, and now I'm going to suggest you take an English refresher so what you're typing makes sense. It's pretty easy here; search before making new threads, and type clearly if you want to be understood. I'm not going sugar-coat anything, because I don't make candy or cereal, and if that's what you want, you may want to avoid the internet.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Meh, J, there are plenty of threads out there on this, if he doesn't want to do any of the legwork for his info, I'm definitely not spoon-feeding it to him. Could I have been nicer? Sure, but I'm not nice, and the real world isn't either. Maybe I should have just went with the typical old school response of "search n00b."

OP, use the search function a little, read the car manual your car should have come with, and do research before spending money. Most of us have done uh-ohs, hence why a lot of crap is right here already on the forums. So search, and search some more, it pretty much has all been asked before.
    I've been doing this a long time... I've seen more folks evolve from noob to noob-basher than you can shake a stick at (practically everyone goes through it). Few if any escape that. It's almost like the 5 stages of grief.. Anyway.. The point here is if you can't react without being an snarky ass then it's usually better to just let it go and don't reply. I know that it's frustrating seeing noobs asking the same questions and not realize how ignorant they are and be completely unaware of how appreciative they should be when someone like Mainframe actually takes the time to discuss stuff with them. However, it's better to rise above.

This is the internet and nobody owes you anything. You would be much better served by stop worrying about "getting respect" and focus on being appreciative to those who might take the time to help even if that info sometimes comes in a less then friendly posts. Don't be so thinned skinned. Understand that it gets really really old seeing noobs continually come on and ask the same crap over and over and state things as if they know what they are talking about just because their car hasn't blown up in the last few months... Ostensively you are here to learn from people who know a crap ton m ore than you about this stuff. Understand that everyone here participates of their own free will. If they perceive you as an rude or unappreciative then you will likely not get much in the way of help.

Good luck.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Read all of this........
    ***how to as a technical question!** - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    and more people would be more inclined to help if your posts didn't look like a 10 year old wrote them. Most people don't want to spend 10 minutes trying to decipher what you said just to help you. Just say'n...........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

do you think if i talked to Cobb to see if i can use the maps with my intake tell i get the actual cobb intake do you think that would be ok

The only way someone would be able to answer that question would be to compare how the MAF on the intake you have scales compared to how the MAF scales on the intake used for the map you're wanting to use (confusing wording.. no coffee yet).

Did you ever figure out which intake it is you have on your car?

I'll check right now

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    The only way someone would be able to answer that question would be to compare how the MAF on the intake you have scales compared to how the MAF scales on the intake used for the map you're wanting to use (confusing wording.. no coffee yet).

Did you ever figure out which intake it is you have on your car?
    I will have to when i get home tomorrow ill i for was a picture but i can't see any name on out and i have to tare the bumper off to get to it

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    and more people would be more inclined to help if your posts didn't look like a 10 year old wrote them. Most people don't want to spend 10 minutes trying to decipher what you said just to help you. Just say'n...........

This holds more truth than most people realize. I am usually willing to help out a large range of people.. but often times the tone and extent of my help is dictated by whether or not the person takes the time to ask their questions in an intelligent matter. It takes virtually no work to use correct grammar. Proper spelling and punctuation go a long ways.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast