Ready for stage 2??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ready for stage 2?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got in my Cobb SF intake with SF intake box, Invidia catted divorced wastegate downpipe, and an Invidia Q300 ...

I Support ClubWRX

Ready for stage 2??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	122954Just got in my Cobb SF intake with SF intake box, Invidia catted divorced wastegate downpipe, and an Invidia Q300 catback exhaust for my 2008 WRX. I have the Cobb AccessPort V3 as well. Is this all i need for the Stage 2+SF tune??? Also, im getting a whole new engine put in right now. The other one broke last friday running the Cobb stage 2 regular tune with a Cosworth High Flow intake i had one it. If course never had it pro tuned for that intake sooo my guess is it ruined it. Idk. I drag raced 6 passes in a row with this guy around town. But anyways. Im hoping this is all i need for the stage 2 tune.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes that is all you need but make sure to break in the new motor properly with these parts on it.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yeah, that's all you need. Please do more research before you buy. You should already know the answer to that question.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Yeah, that's all you need. Please do more research before you buy. You should already know the answer to that question.
    I was some what sure thats all i needed which is why thats all i bought. But, just wanted to be sure so i posted it to a forum full of extremely experienced people like yourself. Thanks for the imput. I do research on allll kinds of stuff. Im learning. It takes time, money and effort on top of patients sometimes tho to get it perfect. But im learning. Before i bought this car i dodnt even know what a turbo was drivin with and never even drove a manual transmission. Ive owned plenty bike and automatic, n/a sports cars

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon4390 View Post
    I was some what sure thats all i needed which is why thats all i bought. But, just wanted to be sure so i posted it to a forum full of extremely experienced people like yourself. Thanks for the imput. I do research on allll kinds of stuff. Im learning. It takes time, money and effort on top of patients sometimes tho to get it perfect. But im learning. Before i bought this car i dodnt even know what a turbo was drivin with and never even drove a manual transmission. Ive owned plenty bike and automatic, n/a sports cars
    Yup, I agree. It appears you did your research and got the right stuff. One thing I also got, which is nice to have (you don't need it, but nice) is a wideband o2 sensor. It allows you to monitor air to fuel ratio. This would be useful as a monitoring tool, and also useful if you ever decide to do an e-tune (if you ever decide to not use off the shelf maps).

I would make sure and break the engine in, and drive it for a 1000 or so miles before I went stage 2, just in case something is wrong with the engine. You wouldn't want a free engine to fail, and then give them something easy to point their fingers at to not replace it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Yup, I agree. It appears you did your research and got the right stuff. One thing I also got, which is nice to have (you don't need it, but nice) is a wideband o2 sensor.
    Yes, forgot to mention, i had bought an
    Innovate Motorsports Wideband Digital MTX-L All-In-One w/ O2 Sensor, and a
    Defi Red Racer 30psi Boost Gauge just to monitor things easier. I have the smy pod cluster. The gauges arent installed yet. Ill be doing allll the mods at once. To go along with all that, i bought a turbosmart dual port bov. Ill be recirculating it back to intake tho, i hear alot about the surge u can get with it too tight to compinsate the too soft to make it run like ****. I heard tho, that i can add a secondary mass air flow sensor between the bov and the throttle plate to allow the bov to be correctly or safly vented to atmosphere. Which is pretty freakin loud. And possibly annoying after a while im sure. Im also considering a new transmission swap. From what ive read i can use the 04-05 sti 6 speed on my 08 wrx. Im slightly worried about the power of the engine surpassing the power handle of the transmission. As well as the stock clutch only being good for like barely 300whp. And the stock intercooler ive heard is only good for 18 psi. So i was thinking about the process west tmic and installing a bigger turbo woth that.
    Last edited by Devon4390; 11-20-2013 at 06:41 AM.

How many miles on your motor before it blew? What actually failed in the motor? thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    How many miles on your motor before it blew? What actually failed in the motor? thanks.
    i had 32,000 miles when the engine broke. it arrived at subaru 2 days ago. i purchased the car from toyota just one and a half months ago with just over 30,000 miles. they havent contacted me yet to let me kno what actually broke in the engine, but toyota looked at it and said they didnt have anyone there qualified to work on the car. they did tho tell me that the warranty was just going to replace the whole engine. of course, that is if subaru says that its covered and wasnt driver inclined. if thats the case, i get to pay for a new engine if neded, plus labor, plus the tow truck that had to bring the car 70 miles away. im patiently awiting to hear back and kno whats going on so far. and waiting for toyota to put me in a rental war till i get my subie back!!! im eager to put my parts on now!!! im not stuck without a vehicle tho, ive been givin a chance to take me 66 ford mustang out and drive to work and all. so its not completely bad. haha. but hopefully all is covered under warranty!!!!

It's amazing that a Stage 2 tune with just an intake could blow a motor in under 2k miles. How hard where you pushing her after the tune? I'd be interested to know what a new motor is quoted at. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix whatever failed over replacing the motor. I assume that the stock maps were re-loaded before returning car back to Subaru dealer?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    It's amazing that a Stage 2 tune with just an intake could blow a motor in under 2k miles. How hard where you pushing her after the tune? I'd be interested to know what a new motor is quoted at. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix whatever failed over replacing the motor. I assume that the stock maps were re-loaded before returning car back to Subaru dealer?

I was pushing it for sure. Did about 4 consecutive races back to back in the street from a stand still to 125mph. And yes i sure did unmarry the accessport from the car before bringing it
    yea!!

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Thought I read in a few places Subaru can tell if the ECU was tuned with an AP...which would void warranty....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    Thought I read in a few places Subaru can tell if the ECU was tuned with an AP...which would void warranty....

Well, i also have a cobb sticker on the black glass and another sticker still in the wrapper in the cup holder that i forgot to remove. So, im sure some smart guy will see that and be like, "ohhhhh he ruined the car, wareanty void!!" Soo im hoping the accessport removed itself completely and put the ecu back the way it came factory, and hopefully thlse stickers mean nothing to those guys at subaru!! Fingers crossed! Im sure ill be hearing something tomorrow. ��
    yea!!

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon4390 View Post
    Well, i also have a cobb sticker on the black glass and another sticker still in the wrapper in the cup holder that i forgot to remove. So, im sure some smart guy will see that and be like, "ohhhhh he ruined the car, wareanty void!!" Soo im hoping the accessport removed itself completely and put the ecu back the way it came factory, and hopefully thlse stickers mean nothing to those guys at subaru!! Fingers crossed! Im sure ill be hearing something tomorrow. ��
    wishing you the best!

I Support ClubWRX
    wishing you the best!
    Thanks bro.
    yea!!

I Support ClubWRX
    wishing you the best!

well, heres an update, i spoke with toyota. they gave me a few options

1. change the engine. (who knows when the tranny will give up if the engine failed already)
    2. swap the subaru for a toyota or nissan (puts me in a corolla or POS used FWD car or worse)
    3. go back to my old trade in, (puts me having to give toyota $5000 for my expensive trade in)

or i made my own option!! toyota gives me my $19,700 in equity on my 2008 WRX and i walk to Subaru and put $12,000 down on a brand new Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited!!!! oh yes, please do!!

Unfortunately, only my Cobb Intake, Cobb Accessport, and Invidia Downpipe will fit the 2013 STI i plan on getting. so ill have to sell my UNUSED invidia q300 catback exhaust which fits 2008-2010 wrx sedans, and some foresters, and also sell my turbosmart dual port bov, which fits 2008-2013 WRX models, and also sell my UNUSED Cusco Strut Tower Brace which fits 2008-2014 WRX models. So, ill be putting those items on ebay for Much cheaper than market price as soon as i get the new car, if interested in these parts, keep up with the for sale forums as i will be posting the parts in there with a link to my ebay account listings.
    yea!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast