hesitation under higher boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hesitation under higher boost within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello friends,i am having this issue with my wrx it is an 04,with a vf39,at 16psi the car will pull ...

hesitation under higher boost

hello friends,i am having this issue with my wrx it is an 04,with a vf39,at 16psi the car will pull hard and strong,but when it is at 20 psi,it hesitates and stumbles like crazy,i do not have any cels,i have done some logs and the logs show nothing out of the ordinary,i have also swapped new plugs in and have performed a boost leak test as well as made sure the fuel filter wasn't clogged with no results when i changed the plugs i noticed 3 out of the 4 coil packs have cracks inside of them that look like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and thought that maybe those cracks are making the coil packs weaker so when higher boost pressures are present maybe the spark was being blown out,just a guess please let me know if you have any ideas thanks!
    Last edited by kornkid21792; 11-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have a boost leak somewhere, what i would do is losen a smaller pipe from your vacume doesnt matter which one and blow smoke through your system using that pipe e.g smoke machine , cigerette , cigar whichever you have access to and check for leaks to do this just check for smoke seeping from somewhere. Im guessing your air intake somewhere is split or old and your loosing boost , check your air intake pipes first as its quiet common for the glue subaru use to split apart under consistant full throttle. If you cant seperate the leak using smoke id suggest taking it all apart and cleaning all the piping and reassembling it carefully & checking everythings okay along the way. But if this doesnt solve your boost leak then i would check your fuel pump or regulator but i would dought it would be a fuel problem or spark because your car wouldnt start otherwise & a quick tip aswell drive like a granny ( even thou i know its hard not to hit boost ) untill you sort out the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

i appreciate your attempt at helping!but it wasn't a boost leak as previously stated i already performed a boost leak test but its the thought that counts,i actually already got this issue fixed a week later but forgot i posted it here so i apologize,and my thoughts on the coil packs were correct i replaced each one that had cracks in it like in my picture above and that immediately fixed the issue!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.