invidia n1 catback to cobb downpipe

This is a discussion on invidia n1 catback to cobb downpipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some help trying to figure out if the Invidia N1 catback will fit to my existing Cobb catted ...

invidia n1 catback to cobb downpipe

I need some help trying to figure out if the Invidia N1 catback will fit to my existing Cobb catted downpipe. The guys at IIR and Extreme PSI didn't really know for sure if they would be 100% compatible. Does anyone have these two parts on their car, and if so, could you guide me through the install??? Additional questions: 1) Do you use a donut gasket or the gasket provided by Invidia? 2) Do you use stock spring bolts or the bolts provided by Invidia?

car description:
    2013 wrx
    injen cai
    cobb catted downpipe
    cobb AP stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Get on rallysportdirect.com and chat with a sales associate. They'll have your answer in like 10 seconds. And your order in the mail in 20 seconds.

From the product description page:
    The Cobb Down pipe utilizes the stock style donut gasket which allows for the use of stock or tapered catbacks.

yeah the guy there new more than the other places did. pretty much he said there were 2 options:
    - use the stock donut gasket and kind of "jam" it into the 3 inch invidia catback and us the stock springs and bolts
    - by the grimmspeed 3 inch to 2.5 inch catback to downpipe converter and use the stock donut gasket and bolts and springs

the converter looks like the safer/better option

thanks for pointing me in the right direction