blue smoke 04 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on blue smoke 04 wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 04 wrx impreza2.0 turbo no mods when in idle or at start up it smoked blue has ...

blue smoke 04 wrx

I have a 04 wrx impreza2.0 turbo no mods when in idle or at start up it smoked blue has a strong smell of what i would say oil and gasoline you can drive it for like 30 min and your clothes will become penetrating with the smell. Power is good it just smokes when at stop light and its a blue cloud of smoke with abit of gray. Any ideas of what this could be i get home with. A headache from the smell sometimes. Plz i would very much appreciated thank u

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If no CELs suspect clogged PCV, turbo, engine in order of increasing cost.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If no CELs suspect clogged PCV, turbo, engine in order of increasing cost.
    Excuse my lack of knowledge im new to the subie world there is a cel . I will post the code tomorrow. Where can i find the pcv? Thanks for the help. I really hope its not my engine

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't own an 04 so don't know PCV location sorry. Do post CEL code.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Blue smoke sounds like turbo

Or your burning oil.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Or your burning oil.
    Its throwing two cels the first one is PO420 . The smoke has worsen i will post second code tomorrow i hope its my catalytic converter or turbo and not my engine. When i turn on car puff of blue smoke comes out big cloud stinking like oil and gasoline it penetrates the inside of car bad. Car has lost power doesn't feel the same still pulls but not like it used too

So just found out its the turbo bad seals what turbo upgrade should i go with?

Quote Originally Posted by ab575 View Post
    So just found out its the turbo bad seals what turbo upgrade should i go with?
    How much money do you have and what do you want out of the car? Identify those first...and if either of those are "I don't know" or "I'm on a small budget" then stick with a stock replacement turbo.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Find a good used stock turbo, or if you can wait longer have the existing turbo rebuilt. Listed in order of increasing cost, decreasing risk. Since you have a stock car, just keep it on the road as is.

Im going to get a up pipe and down pipe no cats k&n intake system ngk spark plugs. I want a lil more out of my subbie if im going to change the turbo i want it to be worth it but not that expensive maybe an sti turbo? What do u guys think?

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not get an intake. Do not buy anything before reading the threads from the link in my signature. Spark plugs are due every 60K miles.

SD_GR THAT WAS A LOT OF HELP. WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO I REALLY WANT MORE FROM MY CAR NOT A LOT JUST. A BIT MORE IF IM GOING TO HAVE TO REPLACE THE STOCK TURBO WHAT WOULD YOU 2 CENTS BE?

I Support ClubWRX

blue smoke 04 wrx

Replace stock turbo for stock. Pick any decent aftermarket up pipe. Perform the resistor mod to eliminate the CEL.

This will get the car on the road and give a bit better spool. It will also make the car illegal for use on any public road anywhere in the United States.

To go beyond that will require a new map on the ECU. I'd rather keep the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ab575 View Post
    SD_GR THAT WAS A LOT OF HELP. WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO I REALLY WANT MORE FROM MY CAR NOT A LOT JUST. A BIT MORE IF IM GOING TO HAVE TO REPLACE THE STOCK TURBO WHAT WOULD YOU 2 CENTS BE?
    Read the the links in his sig and you will get helpful info, Mr. Sassypants. SD doesn't think like the rest of us when it comes to modifications, so relax.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast