Help with Cobb Accessport
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with Cobb Accessport within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so very hastily I bought an accessport V3 for my 2005 wrx. I spent 0 on it and would ...

Help with Cobb Accessport

Okay so very hastily I bought an accessport V3 for my 2005 wrx. I spent $650 on it and would love to install it but it seems like I have to Flash to one of cobbs maps in order to complete the install. I have a custom tune and too many mods for cobbs pre-loaded maps so the question is... Can I install this thing without flashing to one of Cobbs OTS maps?? I've read all over and can't find an answer some say yes some say no, If you can I haven't figured it out yet... any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have to use a Cobb map, other companies OTS map or a custom protuned map specifically made for the AP.

Just wondering- if you already have a custom tune why did you buy the AP

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Just wondering- if you already have a custom tune why did you buy the AP
    This.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

well I bought it mainly for monitoring and thinking that it would be able to pull the current tune on the car and store it so that I could make minor changes to it. I guess that's not gonna happen though so looks like I might be selling it lol :s

So there's no way to install it without flashing maps? Even just for the sake of using it for monitoring and data logging?

Be honest with you, that was an extreme waste of $650 just to monitor and data log.

You could have bought a Tactrix cable for $150 to do 10x better monitoring...and still remove your map.

I do not believe that there is a way to install it without installing a map.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

it saved my stock map when i went to stage 1, so maybe it will save ur pro tuned map

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.