wastegate flutter

This is a discussion on wastegate flutter within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well im getting wastegate flutter. Only does it after getting off the highway not driving hard 5-10 psi of boost. ...

wastegate flutter

well im getting wastegate flutter. Only does it after getting off the highway not driving hard 5-10 psi of boost. hell i dont even need to boost on the highway and it rattles. I get to a light off the highway and there is an ungodly rattle coming from wastegate area. back story is did a hybrid build after short block went knock knock. Got sti short block, 2.0L heads, 850 cc deachwerk injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump, tbe catless, up pipe catless, vf39 turbo cobb boost controller. first tune. clutch slipped around 280 tq. put in stage 2 south bend clutch. next tune 340 ft lbs 290 hp... wastegate couldn't hold the pressure. 24 psi. SO got a tial 44 external wastegate and the new uppipe. tack welded the old wastegate on top of the turbo where the bar comes out of the turbo. went in for tune still fluttering. losing boost pressure. so I took the turbo out welded the flapper shut, welded... I mean this wastegate is not moving went a little crazy welding. I completely took off the diaphragm and arm. so at this point im untuned for the external wastegate. im getting this horrible rattling noise after getting off the highway not taking it above 10 psi.let alone even going into boost that is making me lose boost pressure. I know.yall cant hear it and its.impossible to diagnose something like this over the internet. but im in need of ideas im all out. oh the wastegate has the 1 bar springs in it
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WGF is a result of the pulses from the boost control solenoid. An MBC will cure that.

The rattle I can't help you with, that is caused by something loose.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

exhaust wheel is chattering its butt off finally got it into the shop while its acting up :-(

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

turbo xs is is hooking me up with a 20g with a billet compressor wheel so ill be getting that :-)

Id suggest shaving your clutch plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk