2008 Subaru Impreza WRX has 224 hp..cheap turbo to bump up 265hp? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX has 224 hp..cheap turbo to bump up 265hp? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by kedonot1 Motor trend says that the 2009 WRX turbo is the STi turbo. Also, I mean't I ...

Quote Originally Posted by kedonot1 View Post
    Motor trend says that the 2009 WRX turbo is the STi turbo. Also, I mean't I would use the cobb tuning accessport for the down pipe. Unfortunately, I don't wanna even support this forum no longer due to the amount of douchebags on here.
    I've been on here for over 5 years...one bit of advice...do as much research as possible in the forum BEFORE posting something in order to avoid the douchebaggery. I hate to break it to ya...douchebags everywhere...all forums. I joined the G37 forum since I traded my WRX...plenty of malcontents and DBs there too. It's the internet...what do you expect??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow... Give someone sound advice, get called a bunch of D-bags.

Motor trend says that the 2009 WRX turbo is the STi turbo. Also, I mean't I would use the cobb tuning accessport for the down pipe. Unfortunately, I don't wanna even support the internet no longer due to the amount of douchebags on here.
    Fixed. It's not just here; it's the internet. Some of the guys who have been here a little longer are used to noobs asking noob questions and are a bit tired of it, so forgive them. But they are helpful and know their stuff. Anyways, WRXtreme hit the nail on the head. If you just want a few ponies at low cost, you should be looking at a downpipe and ope-source tune, not a turbo upgrade. Easiest and cheapest way to grab some decent power.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You can still use the accesport, but you would have to find a tuner who can tune with the AP if you want to do a turbo upgrade as well as supporting mods.

If you want to run the Cobb OTS maps, you will need to read their map notes and only use the parts they list.

Or you can get a "stage 2" OS tune like everyone is recommending. We don't recommend it for no reason...double negative.

Or you can get a "stgae 2" pro-tune with the AP.

We've given you good advice and redirected you to a better way to reach your Hp goal. Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear, but it's time for you to do more research now to understand why we're giving you these recommendations. Start with the Stickies.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 10-29-2013 at 09:50 AM.

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Wow... Give someone sound advice, get called a bunch of D-bags.
    @Jaysin: I did, there wasn't anything I could find, so thats why i posted on here.

And Rich, not you..I was speaking of the douchie people.

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Fixed. It's not just here; it's the internet. Some of the guys who have been here a little longer are used to noobs asking noob questions and are a bit tired of it, so forgive them. But they are helpful and know their stuff. Anyways, WRXtreme hit the nail on the head. If you just want a few ponies at low cost, you should be looking at a downpipe and ope-source tune, not a turbo upgrade. Easiest and cheapest way to grab some decent power.
    Zitro, thank you for informative post. That's all you gotta say.

We gave you advice on a subject that has been covered over 9000 times and you call us d bags.

Go buy a STI turbo, make sure it's JDM try and mount it. Use a welder and a cutting wheel to install it, don't tune and enjoy your new paper weight.

This.

just get the vf52 from the 2009-2013 WRX..... still gotta tune though so Cobb AP. And might as well get DP, and intake while your at it.
    2013 WRX sedan - Cobb AP / Cobb SF (w/box) / Invidia N1 race / Invidia DP / Perrin BPV / GTspec equal length headers / TP tune

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    just get the vf52 from the 2009-2013 WRX..... still gotta tune though so Cobb AP. And might as well get DP, and intake while your at it.
    No....Cobb does not have OTS tunes for turbo swaps. Jesus.....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    This.

I dunno man...that doesn't look very JDM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I've been on here for over 5 years...one bit of advice...do as much research as possible in the forum BEFORE posting something in order to avoid the douchebaggery. I hate to break it to ya...douchebags everywhere...all forums. I joined the G37 forum since I traded my WRX...plenty of malcontents and DBs there too. It's the internet...what do you expect??
    @Jaysin: I did, there wasn't anything I could find, so thats why i posted on here.
    You have to understand that many of these guys have seen situations like this countless times before. At least you did come and ask before doing anything, but that said:

Yes, you need an EM for engine mods
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

I didn't even search for those, they are all stickies. They are stickies for a reason. I'd suggest reading through them. What is frustrating forum vets with threads like this? This situation: You asked if you could slap a different turbo on. The first reply you got said no, you would need supporting mods and a tuen. You then questioned that answer. THAT is the frustrating part. I can promise you if you hadn't questioned that answer, and instead gone on to ask "what would help me then?" this thread would've gone a different way.

Unfortunately, I don't wanna even support this forum no longer due to the amount of douchebags on here.
    As others said, if you can't handle this, good luck with any forum. Read as many stickies as you can before you either continue here or go somewhere else. I've always found that to be the best way to avoid situations such as this thread.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    No....Cobb does not have OTS tunes for turbo swaps. Jesus.....
    idk about jesus...... but i dont remember saying anything about an OTS tune... you still use the AP for tunes that dont come off cobbs website..... from say, a cobb certified tuner?
    2013 WRX sedan - Cobb AP / Cobb SF (w/box) / Invidia N1 race / Invidia DP / Perrin BPV / GTspec equal length headers / TP tune

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    you still use the AP for tunes that dont come off cobbs website..... from say, a cobb certified tuner?
    why anyone would spend ~$600 for an AP and then another ~$500 for a tune on the AP versus just spending ~$500 for a pro-tune, or even like ~$150 for an E-tune is beside me, but waste all the money you want.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

So how would you flash your ecu with said e-tune without some sort of tuning device or open source or whatever? I have and e-tune also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast