Turbo heat shield?

This is a discussion on Turbo heat shield? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just had a question in regard to the turbo heat shield. I know that I cant be the only one ...

Turbo heat shield?

Just had a question in regard to the turbo heat shield. I know that I cant be the only one asking this and tried searching it, but found nothing. Just went stage 2 on my 08 wrx and have an Invidia Catless downpipe now installed. So the stock turbo heat shield will no longer fit. Is this a big issue? Should I order an aftermarket turbo heatshield right away? Or can I just leave it how it is? (no heat shield, turbo exposed). If somebody could help me out I would appreciate it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i just modified my OEM one w/ a dremel

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The previous owner left my heat shield off, and it makes a big difference with heat soak. Definitely keep it on or go with a turbo blanket. Best option is just to do what she^ said and cut it.

This isn't a full DIY thread but it has more than enough info for you. This was my first google result by the way...gotta get better at searching.
    How did you Cut/Mod your stock turbo heat shield? - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd just get an aftermarket one. They are all the same, perrin, grimmspeed, cobb, etc. You are better off having it on there.

Alright, I will just go with one of the above or possibly fabricate my own. If I go sell the car one day, I would prefer to keep the stock headshield. Anybody know the result of not running one at all? Thanks for the input

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^Heat soak. Lots of heat soak. Run the car without a heat shield and when you get done driving pop the hood and put your hand on the intercooler. It will be so hot you can't touch it. *personal anecdote