Just bought VF39.. Couple Questions ?

This is a discussion on Just bought VF39.. Couple Questions ? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey just bought a VF39 charger and had a couple questions if someone could help me. Now I know I'm ...

Just bought VF39.. Couple Questions ?

Hey just bought a VF39 charger and had a couple questions if someone could help me. Now I know I'm gonna need injectors fuel pump a tune and a up pipe. Just wondering what would be the ideal injectors to use. Someone suggested sti pinks.. If that's so where would be a good place to find a set. With the fuel pump I was gonna go with a walboro. Now for the uppipe... I wasn't aware of needing a new uppipe until recently. Answer would help out a lot. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My tuner recommended the Walbro fuel pump and Injector Dynamics 1000cc or Fuel Injector Clinic 900cc. Both those options will give you room to grow. For what its worth, he recommended to stay away from DW injectors, not sure why...

My advice -- talk to whoever will be doing your tune and ask him what he prefers to work with. Your tuners advice will be more valuable than any advice anyone here can give you.
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Injector choice can have a lot of influence by the tuners preference. Ask your tuner.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I personally would go with the smallest injectors that fit your strategy to reduce injector resolution loss. That being said, you're missing a few key factors here.

1. You didn't mention the year, but from your profile picture it looks like you have a 2.0L WRX.
    2. I recommend a larger TMIC to cope with the increased turbo outlet temperatures. At bare minimum, an STi TMIC offers about 10-15% more thermal mass, though I'd really recommend a proper TMIC like the Process West unit.

With a proper TMIC and fuel pump, I'd recommend at least 650cc injectors, as you will likely max out the 565cc STi "Pink" injectors.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/