COBB catback or NAMELESS 4" muffler
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on COBB catback or NAMELESS 4" muffler within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 wrx hatch. Considering either the COBB or nameless catback. I want a decent sound, the type ...

I Support ClubWRX

I have a 2013 wrx hatch.

Considering either the COBB or nameless catback.

I want a decent sound, the type that's not poppy or ricer. A mean growl, that flaunts the boxer engine,

At this time I am only doing catback with stock downpipe. I may go stage two in the next year.

I doubt there will be much is any HP/TQ gains with either (I am not doing a tune).

Anyone's thoughts? Ideas? I am personally not interested in the q300 or n1 (personal preference) I have looked at tomei also but dislike single exit, would like something that looks stock.

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I should be receiving my nameless catback pretty soon. I got no resonator, 4"mufflers, 4" double wall staggered tips. Ran me $1,131 shipped to GA. Cobb would be the cheaper option. I liked the sound of nameless performance, plus all the people I meet always have invidea/Cobb/spt I wanted something different. I'll try to load a sound clip once installed

I Support ClubWRX
    That would be amazing if you would do that!!

~ jtk07~

I run the Nameless muffler delete with 3.5 staggered tips and love it. It's loud but not as loud as I thought it would be. Cruising with the radio on moderate volume it's not noticeable. BUT floor it and it screams like nothing I've ever heard.Fit and finish it top notch welds are like jewelry perfect.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by bullyhatch View Post
    Cobb would be the cheaper option.
    Never thought I'd see someone say this...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I recently ordered my Nameless CBE, and yup, it is actually the cheaper option haha. I could have snagged an ARK GRiP for $1050, and I thought that was crazy expensive. Then I ended up spending $1124 on the Nameless lol. But I absolutely loved the Nameless when I got to see it in person and even got a ride-along with one of the NASIOC guys, so it made my decision easy. That and I have OCD so wanted the exhaust system to all be the same brand, and Nameless' downpipe design is excellent.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I recently ordered my Nameless CBE, and yup, it is actually the cheaper option haha. I could have snagged an ARK GRiP for $1050, and I thought that was crazy expensive. Then I ended up spending $1124 on the Nameless lol. But I absolutely loved the Nameless when I got to see it in person and even got a ride-along with one of the NASIOC guys, so it made my decision easy. That and I have OCD so wanted the exhaust system to all be the same brand, and Nameless' downpipe design is excellent.
    Any guess as to when its expected? Heard they are 4-6 weeks out on most setups?

~ jtk07~

Quote Originally Posted by jtk07 View Post
    Any guess as to when its expected? Heard they are 4-6 weeks out on most setups?

~ jtk07~
    I wouldn't say it's that long. I ordered mine on 10/8, and it's going to be done this Thursday. I work though, so I'm not picking it up until Monday, 10/28.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I wouldn't say it's that long. I ordered mine on 10/8, and it's going to be done this Thursday. I work though, so I'm not picking it up until Monday, 10/28.
    Keep us posted! Kinda holding off on buying until I can hear it and get your feedback. I want that real aggressive growl, I've heard it on so many wrx/sti but the more I think back they were all like 05-07 not sure if that single out exhaust will hinder it or not?

~ jtk07~

Quote Originally Posted by jtk07 View Post
    Keep us posted! Kinda holding off on buying until I can hear it and get your feedback. I want that real aggressive growl, I've heard it on so many wrx/sti but the more I think back they were all like 05-07 not sure if that single out exhaust will hinder it or not?

~ jtk07~
    I'll try and shoot a vid for you once it's installed. I did get to meet a guy from NASIOC who had this exact same setup, and it sounds awesome in person. A very nice growl; but still mellow during cruising. Get on it though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yea when you start adding bigger tips and mufflers it starts to rack up.

I ordered mine 9/29 on the weekend. Got a reply the following Monday. My axleback got here the 16th and my midpipe is shipping today. B-)

The axleback sounds beautiful even my wife likes it. There's a rumble when I'm cruising and when I step on it, it really sound great.

^Are those the 3.5" or 4" tips? Nameless products are so purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by bullyhatch View Post
    4"mufflers, 4" double wall staggered tips.

Nameless is handmade and beautiful, don't get me wrong, but with their muffler delete I expected it to hold up much better than it actually did. Even with constant cleaning it dulled up in no time, and looked like crap. That's the only reason I ever swapped, that and with just the muffler delete it was hellaciously loud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.