COBB catback or NAMELESS 4" muffler - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on COBB catback or NAMELESS 4" muffler within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by irickchad Nameless is handmade and beautiful, don't get me wrong, but with their muffler delete I expected ...

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Nameless is handmade and beautiful, don't get me wrong, but with their muffler delete I expected it to hold up much better than it actually did. Even with constant cleaning it dulled up in no time, and looked like crap. That's the only reason I ever swapped, that and with just the muffler delete it was hellaciously loud.
    Hmm, interesting. What do you mean "dulled up"? Have not heard of other accounts of this. The NASIOC member I met up with to hear his Nameless setup had his on for over two years and it looked great, even poking my head under the car the piping and welds looked clean, and that's in WA where they are constantly exposed to moisture and the occasional snow.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Hmm, interesting. What do you mean "dulled up"? Have not heard of other accounts of this. The NASIOC member I met up with to hear his Nameless setup had his on for over two years and it looked great, even poking my head under the car the piping and welds looked clean, and that's in WA where they are constantly exposed to moisture and the occasional snow.
    I got 3.5" Single Wall tips and the edges of the tips are actually starting to rust/discolor a little. Only a month old. I've heard it should polish right off but I haven't tried it yet. I've only heard of this on single wall though, supposedly the double wall holds up better. Just got the mid-pipe installed today and there isn't a big difference in sound between the axleback and the whole catback, I have 4" mufflers. Overall though I'm glad I went with the Nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray521 View Post
    I got 3.5" Single Wall tips and the edges of the tips are actually starting to rust/discolor a little. Only a month old. I've heard it should polish right off but I haven't tried it yet. I've only heard of this on single wall though, supposedly the double wall holds up better. Just got the mid-pipe installed today and there isn't a big difference in sound between the axleback and the whole catback, I have 4" mufflers. Overall though I'm glad I went with the Nameless.
    Zitro, basically the same thing Ray is talking about here. They just lose their color very fast and easily. I can't speak for every system they make, but for my own experience it was a very "high maintenance" exhaust. Lots of steel wool and Eagle1 NeverDull had to be used to keep it from looking like a cheap mild steel piece from a garage in a hurry.

Hmm...interesting. Hopefully I don't have that experience. We'll see. I've read some issues on pretty much all exhausts in some way, but Nameless has been overwhelmingly positive.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12