Will the turbo from an 08 WRX fit my 04 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will the turbo from an 08 WRX fit my 04 WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to buy a used turbo from an 08 WRX and wondering if it will work in my 04? Thanks ...

Will the turbo from an 08 WRX fit my 04 WRX?

Looking to buy a used turbo from an 08 WRX and wondering if it will work in my 04?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope.

08s started using a Legacy style turbo, meaning it's layout is different.

On top of that, the power ratings from 08 didn't really differ at all from 2004. Not worth the upgrade anyway.

Look to upgrade to a VF39, VF43, VF48, or something of that nature from an STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    As said, no. The flanges are different. Even if it would bolt on, it would only be a marginal upgrade (td04-13t vs. td04-19t). In my opinion, not worth the trouble. If you're going to upgrade I wouldn't consider anything short of a vf, or larger.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    As said, no. The flanges are different. Even if it would bolt on, it would only be a marginal upgrade (td04-13t vs. td04-19t). In my opinion, not worth the trouble. If you're going to upgrade I wouldn't consider anything short of a vf, or larger.
    Oh wow, the 08 was a 19t wheel? I did not know that!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

You would have to change out a lot of stuff as somebody pointed out not worth it.. You can always just get a 19t upgrade for a fraction of the price and get better performance.. Td04-19tHL.. I recommend that one if your going to go that route..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.