Which Exhaust for 13' Wrx Sedan?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which Exhaust for 13' Wrx Sedan? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey forum, The first question I have is whether to get a Cobb Intake + AP (Accessport) or go for ...

Which Exhaust for 13' Wrx Sedan?

Hey forum,

The first question I have is whether to get a Cobb Intake + AP (Accessport) or go for an exhaust? I've been leaning on the exhaust end and I am pretty sure I am going for an exhaust but if you have an input on another first mod then I am all ears!! =]

Second question is ...

Which exhaust should I get for my 13' WRX Sedan? I've been looking at the Invidia Q300 Quad CBE (Catback Exhaust) because I really love those blue tips!! So the question is ... are there any comparable exhaust to the Invidia Q300 CBE?

Also,

Technically my first MOD is rear sways ... so should I just complete my suspension sways first or go for some added power? =]

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont own a wrx yet (should in the next few weeks or so though and have been reading on this site for months) but from what ive heard, CBEs dont really give you much power. All they do is make more noise. Most people seem to be very happy with the cobb intake and accessport though. When i get my wrx, those will be the first mods i purchase.

as far as what exhaust to get, im a fan of the invidia q300 quad tip. From reviews and videos it seems to be a great product and give the car a mean growl.

feel free to correct me if im wrong on any of this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    i dont own a wrx yet (should in the next few weeks or so though and have been reading on this site for months) but from what ive heard, CBEs dont really give you much power. All they do is make more noise. Most people seem to be very happy with the cobb intake and accessport though. When i get my wrx, those will be the first mods i purchase.

as far as what exhaust to get, im a fan of the invidia q300 quad tip. From reviews and videos it seems to be a great product and give the car a mean growl.

feel free to correct me if im wrong on any of this stuff
    Yeah i've been really interested in the invidia q300 as well because it sounds and looks nice!
    I've been doing suspension first because I go for more feel of the car more than just performance. I was thinking about getting accessport and intake as well but running a nice exhaust with a future downpipe would be sickk! haha Do you know about how much HP & WHP with the cobb intake & AP?

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    Yeah i've been really interested in the invidia q300 as well because it sounds and looks nice!
    I've been doing suspension first because I go for more feel of the car more than just performance. I was thinking about getting accessport and intake as well but running a nice exhaust with a future downpipe would be sickk! haha Do you know about how much HP & WHP with the cobb intake & AP?
    im not sure on the numbers, so ill let someone else chime in on that. but from what ive read, the stage 1 tune (AP or any other tuning software) gives noticeable gains. And with the intake (which requires a tune), the turbo spooling is a lot more audible (which is sweet haha).

check out this thread if you havent already : First Modifications - what to do and not to do

I Support ClubWRX
    Blue tips will turn black in a couple weeks. I have the spt and love it. You can read on here about cleaning your exhaust most people don't bother haha. However Invidia makes great stuff your call

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    Blue tips will turn black in a couple weeks. I have the spt and love it. You can read on here about cleaning your exhaust most people don't bother haha. However Invidia makes great stuff your call

Hey pbart617,

thanks for the reply! Do you mean when they go away in a couple of weeks as in permanently or just need a clean it to show blue again?

I Support ClubWRX
    These cars love to show exhaust grime. You can clean them and the blue you see aka titanium tips will never go away. But I know there is a price difference so imho I wouldn't go with that one. Now you can do preventive maintenance and throw opticoat on it before you put it in the car. Does wonders for paint. It will work on exhausts as well

Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    These cars love to show exhaust grime. You can clean them and the blue you see aka titanium tips will never go away. But I know there is a price difference so imho I wouldn't go with that one. Now you can do preventive maintenance and throw opticoat on it before you put it in the car. Does wonders for paint. It will work on exhausts as well

What exhaust would you recommend for a 13' wrx sedan?

With pricing, quality, and similar titanium flamed tips?

I have a 13' and personally I went with the Q300 to avoid any warranty issues. It isn't too loud and the tips look awesome. But believe me as soon as the warranty is up I'll be going stage 1! Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by JA1904 View Post
    I have a 13' and personally I went with the Q300 to avoid any warranty issues. It isn't too loud and the tips look awesome. But believe me as soon as the warranty is up I'll be going stage 1! Good luck

What are your plans for Stage 1?

Going with a COBB access port, from what I understand you won't need much in terms of bolt ons if any to get more power at this point since your really just getting a more aggressive tune than stock. But don't take my word for it. There's plenty of great posts on here and NASIOC regarding stage 1 and beyond.

That is a good first mod as well. I was thinking of going the Cobb intake with the Accessport along with it but exhaust is a huge and good first upgrade and eventually I know I will get it =]

I Support ClubWRX
    A cat back or axle back exhaust will not affect your warranty in anyway. Only a turbo back exhaust will. I have been stage 1 on my '12 using torqued performance and then tatrix cable and love it compared to the Cobb stage 1, just my .02.

A lot of people have the q300 exhaust and love it, I wasn't trying to steer you away from that, but if the selling point was the "blue" tips, not worth it imho.

I Support ClubWRX
    With the short flow cobb intake and accessport with a stage 1 tune you will get a 6.5% increase in HP and 15% increase in TQ on 93 octane gas. The power won't be a huge kick in your ass, but it typically evens the power delivery, as the stock tune is not the best. Obviously results vary car to car, but that is the increase figures COBB posts. If you are strictly looking for power increases, the intake and AP will yield more power than a cat back exhaust. If you are looking for better sound and better looking exhaust, the Q300 will provide you with that. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are eventually going stage 2 (turbo back exhaust and stage 2 tune), then you will want the AP at some point...that is if you plan on going that tuning route (you could also go opensource - which uses the tactrix cable and a laptop instead of the AP).

Other popular brands of exhaust for the sedans are Perrin, Invidia, Turboxs, Nameless...just to name a few. I personally have the Turboxs and love it. I do have the "burnt" blue tips, and they do look nice when they are clean. I don't clean them too often, but when I do I like the look. That is something you just need to decide on if it is worth it to you to pay the extra.

1. I feel like the suspension and handling is seriously lacking in these cars from the factory, that'd be on the top of my to do list as far as modifications go.

2. Have you looked into Nameless's exhausts? There axleback/muffler deletes for the sedans are $300~ and they are a pretty significant improvement in the exhaust note. I've been in a few sedans with them and I was impressed, but it may be too loud depending on personal preference.

I'd recommend doing heavy research before pulling the trigger. If anything, ask forum locals with the exhaust setup you want to take you for a test ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.