Which Exhaust for 13' Wrx Sedan? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which Exhaust for 13' Wrx Sedan? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would say go with the Access Port/intake combo before the cat back. I REALLY wanted a cat back for ...

I would say go with the Access Port/intake combo before the cat back. I REALLY wanted a cat back for my car, but I decided to go with the AP and intake first. I was very pleased with the difference. Better power delivery compared to stock, it was like a different car.

I was able to acquire and trade some parts to get the Q300 eventually, and I'm super happy with that also. I'm just glad I went in the order I did.

BTW, I'm now on a Torqued Performance Stage 3 tune running 3" turbo back exhaust, SF intake, Grimmspeed EBCS, Perrin TMIC, and TurboSmart Kompact Plumb Back BPV (fully recirculating)....that's just the engine mods, and I said I was totally done modding after Cobb Stage 1.

Just know, if you begin modding you will become like a drug addict...using any and all means to get more mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the way cobb sounds and looks but I like Blitz better

I like the perrin cbe, but from my understanding (i have a 12' sedan) a catback or intake is almost pointless without a down pipe at least, and obviously a tune. It will sound better without the dp. but i always say, performance first. I would never spend that much money just for better sound without a 15 + hp increase AT VERY LEAST. but thats just me

Don't know what people are saying about the blue tips turning black unless they don't know how to clean. I have the Q300 w/ Blue tips and all it takes is some brake cleaner when I wash my car and they look like new again. I love my exhaust, and I'm glad it's the one I chose.

If you don't care about risking your warranty, go intake + AP. If you want to play it safe and not risk a claim, especially on a brand new car where some factory gremlins may come out, get a CBE and wait a while, then go Stage 1 the AP.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    If you don't care about risking your warranty, go intake + AP. If you want to play it safe and not risk a claim, especially on a brand new car where some factory gremlins may come out, get a CBE and wait a while, then go Stage 1 the AP.
    ^^ that

Update!!!

I went with the invidia q300 cbe. I found a selling that was pretty much selling it new (4k) miles and I love it. Sounds extremely nice and my warranty is still there for Subaru dealer! My next route is the ap and intake after my sways are completed. I like my decision and overtime I believe that the cbe will get me more power than an Cobb access port and intake by just getting a catless down pipe. Correct me if I'm wrong! Always ears for suggestions!
    Thanks for all your inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    Update!!!

I went with the invidia q300 cbe. I found a selling that was pretty much selling it new (4k) miles and I love it. Sounds extremely nice and my warranty is still there for Subaru dealer! My next route is the ap and intake after my sways are completed. I like my decision and overtime I believe that the cbe will get me more power than an Cobb access port and intake by just getting a catless down pipe. Correct me if I'm wrong! Always ears for suggestions!
    Thanks for all your inputs!
    Do NOT get a downpipe without a tune. Also, when you do decide to say screw warranties and do further engine mods, a downpipe will net you more power than just an intake. Otherwise, enjoy your new exhaust!

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Yeah my next mod gonna be that access port to tune the down pipe! Thanks for the heads up!! What recommendations do you have for down pipes?

If you got the Q300, can't go wrong with an invidia piece. Maybe that's my OCD, but that's the one I'd go for.

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    Yeah my next mod gonna be that access port to tune the down pipe! Thanks for the heads up!! What recommendations do you have for down pipes?
    Go with a divorced design; it will flow more efficiently. Invidia and Nameless are popular ones. The Nameless design being so good is part of why I got their catback..I have OCD and wanted my full TBE to be by the same maker

Zitro... we need to meetup...

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
    Zitro... we need to meetup...
    Absolutely. Do you go to any of the Subie meets in the area? I haven't yet, but been wanting to make it to one. Just trying to fight off this damn cold.

invidia n1

Whoever has the invidia q300, are you guys experiencing your titanium tips a different shade of blue and purple even after being cleaned? If so, how to make it if possible back to the same colo?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast