Quick Exhaust/Intake Question

This is a discussion on Quick Exhaust/Intake Question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I just purchased a 2014 wrx and wanted to put the cobb sf intake/airbox with invidia q300 exhaust. ...

Quick Exhaust/Intake Question

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2014 wrx and wanted to put the cobb sf intake/airbox with invidia q300 exhaust. Do I need to tune it or need to buy the cobb access port?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you need at least a stage 1 tune for the intake. If the exhaust is just a catback, then stage 1 is fine. If its turboback, you need a stage 2 tune.

The cobb AP is just one way to tune the car. They will have a map specifically for your intake. There are other methods like opensource (WTF, Torqued Peformance, etc) and protune, but you don't need to go protune for stage 1, thats just a waste of money IMO
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You need to use the search function.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Probably one of the most common asked questions. When it comes to cars like these and Evos they have picky engines. You have to get a tune. If not it can run bad.

I know there was only one intake for the Evo made by extreme turbo systems ETS that you can run without a tune.

I had one ran great. Got the Cobb AP tuned to stage one but they didn't have a tune for the ETS. Tried maps similar and it didn't produce good numbers. Ended up with the Cobb AP.