N1 Dual Exhaust 2011 Sedan

This is a discussion on N1 Dual Exhaust 2011 Sedan within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A 2013 was recently traded in at the dealership and it has the N1 dual tip exhaust. Sounds really good ...

N1 Dual Exhaust 2011 Sedan

A 2013 was recently traded in at the dealership and it has the N1 dual tip exhaust. Sounds really good however I don't know how it would be for a daily driver. I love the Q300 but I could probably get this one for literally dirt cheap, aka get my hands dirty switching my stock for the N1 , but how is it for a daily driver?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Loud as hell. Lots of drone...and ugly. I'd rather stay stock.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    A 2013 was recently traded in at the dealership and it has the N1 dual tip exhaust. Sounds really good however I don't know how it would be for a daily driver. I love the Q300 but I could probably get this one for literally dirt cheap, aka get my hands dirty switching my stock for the N1 , but how is it for a daily driver?
    How is the Q300? any drone with this system? I had a custom flowmaster system on my old truck that droned real bad at about 2k rpm's, It was horribly annoying towards the last couple of years of that truck. kinda reluctant to get a system on my rex or not because of droning.

My buddy has a q300 and is awesome. I know the single tip n1 is bad but from driving the dual setup it didnt sound to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    My buddy has a q300 and is awesome. I know the single tip n1 is bad but from driving the dual setup it didnt sound to bad.
    That's good to know, I'm trying to figure out as much about them as I can

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you can grab it, then get it. If you don't like it then sell it. I would think with the dual mufflers it would be a little quieter than the single tip.

You said it's currently on a car at the dealership where you work? Sounds like a great opportunity to see firsthand how it sounds before you do the swap!

I did drive it but not to much, getting the bumper painted

So I just drove it. The drone isnt bad at all, and they is none at lower rpms. The single tip catback must be what gives the N1 the bad rep. Seems like something I could get used to. It does sound really nice.

Hey if you like it, go for it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

why do you think its ugly? Becuase it isnt a quadtip?

Mikie might not like it, but I think it looks fine. Looks are too subjective, how do you like it?

looks fine to me, Sounds ok, just worried about long trips. I know the q300 is perfect for me however I don't wanna drop $800 on a catback at the moment.

I'm sure if you don't like it someone will be willing to swap stock exhaust+cash or something with you.

lol, it's up to you.

true that is what I was thinking as well