Nameless claims catback gains 25hp/12 ft lb; is this possible? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Nameless claims catback gains 25hp/12 ft lb; is this possible? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TownLine500 Zax, I know tuner is pre loaded with stage2. My question is if I get the ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Zax, I know tuner is pre loaded with stage2. My question is if I get the DP and do a turbo back, the stage 2 pre loaded maps should work correctly? Do you think I need a custom map? Or will pre load be sufficient.
    I am new to modding, and want to gain more power but keep engine running correctly.
    You should be OK with the preloaded map. I would do a few datalogs, but we will help you with that if you start a new thread

Zax which model and which mods do you have?
    11blacksti what are you running? I assume you have an11 black sti.
    Don't mean to sound stupid, just curious.
    Zax Bugeye "Shaggin' wagon" Build thread
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    When I was researching CBE, I saw a graph on Perrin's website where they took a Stage 1 car, dyno'd it, put their CBE on, re-dyno'd it and saw some power gains. I do see slightly better MPG now, no idea about the HP....so is this just marketing? No idea.

"This test was done on an 08 STI that was running our AccessPORT Stage 1 mapping. We swapped out the exhaust in roughly 5minutes and re-dynoed the car to find 10WHP and 10ft-lbs of TQ from the catback. So not only does this add some really cool sounds but also a bit of HP, all while increasing your fuel economy."
    On a Stage 1 map, that makes sense to me. On a stock car, I doubt it would make any more power. I think this is what Nameless was basing their claim off, which means little to me because I don't plan on tuning the car any time soon to preserve the warranty. I do want to keep the entire exhaust system the same brand though because I'm OCD, but both TurboXS and Nameless have full turbobacks, so it's all gravy whichever route I go. Will Nameless hold up to the Washington weather any better than the TXS? Maybe; that would be the only benefit I could see to dishing out that much more money for it.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Zax!
    Cobb sells the DP with cat. But haven't found a Cobb rear exhaust after DP for a2013sedan. Does it have to be cobb for stage 2 tuning? Or can it be a different brand after DP? Do you or anybody else on this thread have any insight? Suggestions are welcome or if anyone has a favorite brand or style. I want stage2 performance but live in Boston. Can't make it too loud.

zax
    Thanks Zax!
    Cobb sells the DP with cat. But haven't found a Cobb rear exhaust after DP for a2013sedan. Does it have to be cobb for stage 2 tuning? Or can it be a different brand after DP? Do you or anybody else on this thread have any insight? Suggestions are welcome or if anyone has a favorite brand or style. I want stage2 performance but live in Boston. Can't make it too loud.
    Technically you don't need a CBE to go "stage 2." According to Cobb's map notes, all that is required from a hardware standpoint is the DP.

CBE? Cobb is my favorite. I own one. Love it. They are extremely hard to find used, and for good reason.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Zax which model and which mods do you have?
    11blacksti what are you running? I assume you have an11 black sti.
    Don't mean to sound stupid, just curious.
    I am stage 2. I have a turboxs turboback exhaust, and perrin CAI. I'm on the 93 stage 2 + Intake map from Perrin. They have revised the map for me three times to get the boost running target. You can see it if you click below.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's what I'm going to go with. So I should be good with just Cobb Down Pipe and the pre loaded map for stage 2?
    The CBE would just be for sound right?
    But it will already get louder with down pipe? Are you running just a tuner and down pipe? Or full exhaust system.
    What year is yours by the way? Sorry so many questions I'm a total noob. But everyone says this is the place for advice and info.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Technically you don't need a CBE to go "stage 2." According to Cobb's map notes, all that is required from a hardware standpoint is the DP.

CBE? Cobb is my favorite. I own one. Love it. They are extremely hard to find used, and for good reason.
    Cobb notes actually do explicitly mention turboback exhaust. https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._WRX_09-13.pdf

Also, it is strange that they don't have the TBE listed on their site for the 2013 sedan WRX.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Cobb notes actually do explicitly mention turboback exhaust. https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._WRX_09-13.pdf

Also, it is strange that they don't have the TBE listed on their site for the 2013 sedan WRX.
    Interesting. Admittedly I haven't looked at the map notes for a 2009+ WRX/STi in a while. I should not have made such bold claims.

Facebook me here

Well, regardless of claims, I met up with a local NASIOC member and goit some seat time in his 5" muffler setup. And I have to say, it was intoxicating. No drone at all, mellow tone, louder than stock but not too much during idle and cruise, and sounds hella mean, deep and rasp-free when you get on it. It's a unique sound, and I love it. Ordered my full catback with 5" mufflers and resonated midpipe; super excited! Looking forward to doing a full review, and the cool part is I'll be driving down to Nameless' shop to have them install it so I'll get to meet them and see the shop and whatnot. Figured it was better/more fun than paying shipping when they're only a couple hours away Can't wait!
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Well, regardless of claims, I met up with a local NASIOC member and goit some seat time in his 5" muffler setup. And I have to say, it was intoxicating. No drone at all, mellow tone, louder than stock but not too much during idle and cruise, and sounds hella mean, deep and rasp-free when you get on it. It's a unique sound, and I love it. Ordered my full catback with 5" mufflers and resonated midpipe; super excited! Looking forward to doing a full review, and the cool part is I'll be driving down to Nameless' shop to have them install it so I'll get to meet them and see the shop and whatnot. Figured it was better/more fun than paying shipping when they're only a couple hours away Can't wait!
    Should be fun, man! For the record, when I was saying the nameless was incredibly loud, I was speaking of their late 2011 Version of the exhaust. They didn't even offer mufflers when I had it, so I had a catless DP, Resonated Midpipe, and no mufflers. It sounded like a racecar, lol. I imagine with a cat, a resonator, and 5" mufflers it does indeed sound nice.

Double Post
    Last edited by irickchad; 10-07-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Double Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynojet.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	121834

dyno numbers on stock ECU, I guess their claim was true?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007_WRX_5.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.