Nameless claims catback gains 25hp/12 ft lb; is this possible? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nameless claims catback gains 25hp/12 ft lb; is this possible? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oh sorry, Axleback. Soon to be catback though. And then Turbo back haha and then.......

Oh sorry, Axleback. Soon to be catback though. And then Turbo back haha and then....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My best friend runs a Lou's Custom Exhaust just outside Boston where we live.
    He told me that the cat back wouldn't gain much like 5 horse.
    The most common thing I hear about is the down pipe.
    My question is if I add cobb down pipe keep the rest stock can I run stage 2 maps? People say you can but it needs tuning, can't I tune myself with v3 tuner. Or should I seek a pro shop? I'm unfamiliar with nameless but I hear there crazy loud.
    Last edited by TownLine500; 10-04-2013 at 12:11 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    My question is if I add cobb down pipe keep the rest stock can I run stage 2 maps? People say you can but it needs tuning, can't I tune myself with v3 tuner. Or should I seek a pro shop? I'm unfamiliar with nameless but I hear there crazy loud.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    If you are going to follow the cobb map notes to a T then you need a turbo back exhaust. The map would probably still run ok, but that is a big PROBABLY. You would need to datalog to make sure your car is performing as the map intended, and you are hitting all target data. To be safest you would want to custom (or pro)-tune. You can design custom tune and load them via the accessport, but you need additional software for that.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I think you are very confused, and that's OK. Let's clean up the mess a bit shall we?

A map IS a tune in the broadest sense. "Tune" colloquially refers to adjustment of the combustion factors in an engine to achieve the most ideal combustion with the least amount of risk. Before ECM fueling, tuning was performed mechanically: Carb venturi and jet adjustment; Cam timing and distributor adjustment; throttle plate and IAC adjustment etc.

With the dawn of computer-controlled fueling, these combustion parameters are stored in a file called a "map." When the map is flashed to the ECU, the ECU follows the parameters of the new map thus altering the "tune" on the vehicle. The act of "tuning" a vehicle means to create a new map of the combustion parameters.

Make more sense?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Where would I get the map software? I have a 2013 WRX premium. Right now just running stage 1 cobb tuner.
    I'm trying to get to stage 2 but I don't want car to become tinker toy. It's a daily driver and I don't want check engine problems.
    Looking for mod advice to upgrade power. You guys are the experts. Any advice or plan would be appreciated.

zax
    Where would I get the map software? I have a 2013 WRX premium. Right now just running stage 1 cobb tuner.
    I'm trying to get to stage 2 but I don't want car to become tinker toy. It's a daily driver and I don't want check engine problems.
    Looking for mod advice to upgrade power. You guys are the experts. Any advice or plan would be appreciated.
    The Stage 2 map should be preloaded on the AP. If not, search "AccessPort Manager" software (may have been renamed IDK) which can be used to load new maps onto the AP. If you are interested in tweaking the map yourself, Cobb offers AccessTuner Race (ATR) software for free by request. Contact Cobb for details. This information is applicable to V2 APs: I don't have experience with V3 APs.

Facebook me here

I have installed a nameless muffler delete axleback with straight pipes from the turbo back. Nameless without the muffler option is extremely loud and obnoxious in the car. I had it tuned with my cobb SRI and I was at 286 whp and 310 wtq @ 16.5 lbs. They could have probably tuned it to better but since I was running a little hot, they decided better safe than sorry. I also did not install the grimmspeed ebcs ( which I would if I were you)

My upgrades:
    Cobb SRI
    3" catless downpipe
    3" Mid-pipes
    3" nameless muffler delete

Hopefully that helps. Good luck

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrx View Post
    I have installed a nameless muffler delete axleback with straight pipes from the turbo back. Nameless without the muffler option is extremely loud and obnoxious in the car. I had it tuned with my cobb SRI and I was at 286 whp and 310 wtq @ 16.5 lbs. They could have probably tuned it to better but since I was running a little hot, they decided better safe than sorry. I also did not install the grimmspeed ebcs ( which I would if I were you)

My upgrades:
    Cobb SRI
    3" catless downpipe
    3" Mid-pipes
    3" nameless muffler delete

Hopefully that helps. Good luck
    Thanks for weighing in, but the argument is that Nameless produces a solid 12hp increase on a stock car with the stock tune.

Honestly, like I mentioned, there's an obvious lack of clarification. I'm sure we are not talking about peak numbers here.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Zax, I know tuner is pre loaded with stage2. My question is if I get the DP and do a turbo back, the stage 2 pre loaded maps should work correctly? Do you think I need a custom map? Or will pre load be sufficient.
    I am new to modding, and want to gain more power but keep engine running correctly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your input and anyone elevate is welcome.
    Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Zax which model and which mods do you have?
    11blacksti what are you running? I assume you have an11 black sti.
    Don't mean to sound stupid, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Thanks for weighing in, but the argument is that Nameless produces a solid 12hp increase on a stock car with the stock tune.
    Nameless still hasn't email me back since I asked how they achieve those gains.....hmm.....TurboXS is starting to look good. If Nameless doesn't get back me today, I'm ordering the TXS CBE. And with the money left over compared to the Nameless I can get my Hella horns and a give Chris over at WC Lathe Werks a call
    Last edited by Zitro; 10-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

When I was researching CBE, I saw a graph on Perrin's website where they took a Stage 1 car, dyno'd it, put their CBE on, re-dyno'd it and saw some power gains. I do see slightly better MPG now, no idea about the HP....so is this just marketing? No idea.

"This test was done on an 08 STI that was running our AccessPORT Stage 1 mapping. We swapped out the exhaust in roughly 5minutes and re-dynoed the car to find 10WHP and 10ft-lbs of TQ from the catback. So not only does this add some really cool sounds but also a bit of HP, all while increasing your fuel economy."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.