Downpipe Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Downpipe Question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone! I own a 2008 wrx sedan and wanted to know what gasket's/parts I need prior to the installation ...

Downpipe Question

Hi everyone!

I own a 2008 wrx sedan and wanted to know what gasket's/parts I need prior to the installation of the down pipe. I plan on purchasing an invidia down pipe (link below) and bumping up to the stage 2 torqued performance map (currently TP stage 1 and love it). I should have all the tools needed, I just need to know what you guy's recommend buying that will not come with the down pipe that ARE needed for a proper install (such as gaskets, etc.). I read a couple reviews that stated I need a "3 to 2.5" adapter for a good seal." I am assuming I buy these from grimspeed? I'm clueless as to what I actually need. Also, is this a good down pipe? Anything I should beware of?

Invidia Downpipe Divorced Wastegate Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2014 WRX / STI) HS08SW1DPN at RallySportDirect.com (Down pipe wanting to purchase)

GrimmSpeed (Possible gasket needed? Turbo-downpipe)

However, I am not sure exactly what I need.. (such as the 3-2.5" adapter). If anyone could point me in the right direction or link me to what I need, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Invidia is a great brand. Absolutely no problem with them.

You will need the Grimmspeed adapter only if you are using the stock catback. What catback do you have right now...if at all?

you will need to buy new gaskets and install them when you switch the downpipe. Make sure you clean all the surfaces where the gaskets touch so they seal well.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    PB Blaster

I currently have the SPT catback that was installed by the dealer. So will I need a (Turbo-Downpipe) gasket along with the (Downpipe-Midpipe) gasket aswell? Thx

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    downpipe
    grimmspeed adapter
    turbo gasket
    donut gasket
    2-bolt 3" diameter gasket

..and PB blaster
    ...and vaseline if your hangers are feeling extra combative
    ...and a wrench set
    ...and a socket set

think that covers it.

Haha thanks man!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.