Who all is on the factory stock tune?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Who all is on the factory stock tune? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Really just making this thread out of curiosity to see who all has stayed with the stock tune. What is ...

Who all is on the factory stock tune?

Really just making this thread out of curiosity to see who all has stayed with the stock tune. What is your guys mileage and what do you do with your car...autox, tracking etc? Any problems so-forth?

Call me crazy, but I think I've made the decision to stay stock until my warranty expires for you know...peace of mind or something.

Aside from that, I am kinda set on going SPT Exhaust and Boost Gauge because of said warranty reasons. I really want the Subaru rumble already!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm definitely on the stock tune
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    My car is stock but I've only had it eleven years.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well then... anyone else with informative replies?

Not I.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm on stock tune. I get about 22 mpg city and 27 on the highway. No problems yet knock on wood

2012 wrx with close to 28,000 daily driven miles on it now. I'm still on the stock tune. I've been averaging 22-24 mpg in mixed driving. Only little hiccup I've had is this.

There are a number of things I'd like to upgrade, but I have a hard time getting rid of perfectly good parts just because they aren't the absolute best thing out there. I'll wait till they wear out and then replace them with better parts.

I also don't want to get to heavy into the mods until the car is completely mine. The way I've been racking up miles, my warranty will be up in the not too distant future. At that point, I'll probably pay off the car in full, and then think about more modifications.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Mine is stock (2013 swp sti) the car came with spt exhaust. I put in a prosport mechanical boost gauge. Sway bars and endlinks hopfully at the end of this year.

Ill probably go stage 2 leaning towards cobb ap, cobb sf intake, and invidia downpipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2013 wrx base, 20,500 miles ( ) . stock tune, overall average according to the clock mpg for the last ~9000 miles has been 27.0. if i had to guess just by doing some actual calculations along the way probably ~26-26.5 (i drive 95% highway).

as said many times.. the stock tune blows, so i drive the car conservatively. i've let her stretch her legs a couple of times, but there's notable things i'd like to fix about the tune. mostly the bogging issue taking off in 1st and afr's under WOT.

i'll be done with the warranty soon enough, already have parts accumulating as well as talks with tuners.

tires rotated on schedule, oil every ~3750 miles. subaru dealership chooses to ignore that i'm low on coolant, so i've been buying it and adding it when i need it.

so far, no major issues

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    Mine is stock (2013 swp sti) the car came with spt exhaust. I put in a prosport mechanical boost gauge. Sway bars and endlinks hopfully at the end of this year.

Ill probably go stage 2 leaning towards cobb ap, cobb sf intake, and invidia downpipe.

How is the SPT Exhaust? I'm still weighing my options on if I want to go SPT for the classic rumble, or just say F it and go with an Invidia.

Anyway, Thanks for the replies guys, this kinda info is much appreciated! As others have said, I do "stretch" my WRX's legs every day almost if not every other day. I usually do a few redline pulls in 3rd to 4th or 2nd to 3rd but thats really it. I know the stock tune sucks, but I just don't feel like dealing with a potential warranty denial if something goes bust.

I really like the sound of both spt and invidia q300. I think the q300 looks better. Spt gives it a deep rumble and its not too loud but you'll know its there.

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    I really like the sound of both spt and invidia q300. I think the q300 looks better. Spt gives it a deep rumble and its not too loud but you'll know its there.

Good to know. I also considered the Q300 but am unsure which sounds better has more of a rumble etc.

I'm running a 13' WRX with about 1500 miles on it and planning in keeping the stock tune until the warranty expires. I went with the Q300 and I'm really happy with it. The look and sound are amazing without being too loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Man my 11 wrx has 23,XXX miles on it. I felt like that was alot. Not feeling to bad now lol. I am also running stock tune for now. My warranty runs out here in a few months. So, come tax time, in come the mods!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.