Uppipe Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Uppipe Question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Drews CEL* and sensor* Your posts can be pretty painful to read. Seriously what are you 10? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    CEL* and sensor* Your posts can be pretty painful to read.
    Seriously what are you 10? . If you cant decipher my statement then don't bother reading it.
    I bet you were the tattletale in 5th grade that told on everybody. I keed I keed.. Grow up man

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat8687 View Post
    Seriously what are you 10? . If you cant decipher my statement then don't bother reading it.
    I bet you were the tattletale in 5th grade that told on everybody. I keed I keed.. Grow up man
    Not only do you provide absolutely zero helpful repsonses, but your posts are so poorly constructed that you don't even communicate your horrible advice very well. I realize that this is an internet forum, but at least try to make yourself appear as a somewhat educated adult. Every single post of yours looks like a 3 year old vomitted alphabet soup onto my screen.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Not only do you provide absolutely zero helpful repsonses, but your posts are so poorly constructed that you don't even communicate your horrible advice very well. I realize that this is an internet forum, but at least try to make yourself appear as a somewhat educated adult. Every single post of yours looks like a 3 year old vomitted alphabet soup onto my screen.
    I actually responded to the guys post and gave him my experience with an up-pipe all you did was try to insult me.. In the typical ad-hom style.. When you cant debate an issue you insult people. Im pretty sure most people learned this on the internet in the late 90s. Not only did you just do this but you provided zero helpful responses to the guy that posted the question.

Again at least I gave him my experience/op(opinion).. But thanks for your helpful criticism my friend .

EDIT: ON a side note I would recommend if he wants a header in the future just to wait and get the entire setup.. Save some money.. But if he plans on going the PNP setup then just go grimmspeed. And Use an up-pipe like the one I purchased or any other reputable brand.
    Last edited by Dat8687; 10-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat8687 View Post
    Up-pipe wont cause a cell if it has proper placement of the senser and a place to put it.. Otherwise it will throw a cell and you have to get a fix for the sensor that plugs into it.

I have GT-spec up-pipe.. With OE sensor installed.. NO cells 2 years going

False. Back in 2002 I gutted the stock up pipe and returned the sensor to its original location.. After about 300 miles I got a CEL for "EGT sensor low input". Which makes perfect sense because with the catalytic converter removed exhaust gas temperatures at the OEM sensor location are lower, so much so that it puts it out of the predefined range (on the low end) for CEL trigger in the OEM map.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    False. Back in 2002 I gutted the stock up pipe and returned the sensor to its original location.. After about 300 miles I got a CEL for "EGT sensor low input". Which makes perfect sense because with the catalytic converter removed exhaust gas temperatures at the OEM sensor location are lower, so much so that it puts it out of the predefined range (on the low end) for CEL trigger in the OEM map.
    There's no reason to install the factory EGT sensor in once you have removed the catalytic converter (it's just reintroducing another point of failure that can cause something to get sucked into the turbine). Any uppipe that includes an EGT bung should be plugged, and the resistor fix should be performed. I disable any EGT sensor DTCs with any car I tune that has a catted uppipe, but I still advise the owner to perform the mechanical fix as well.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There's one reason.. you're at your buddy's house out in bfe and the only thing you have that will screw into the bung is the sensor.. I would imagine without it the exhaust leak would be pretty bad.

But yeah, that's the wrong place to put an EGT sensor anyways, so the best thing to do is get rid of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12