Subaru WRX Forum banner

i have this

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Calvinball 
#1 · (Edited)
Best Deals on Tsudo 08-12 Impreza WRX / STI Wagon 3in S2 catback exhaust

So Now i know exactly what i have I need some advice on what would be the best fit. Aside from this kit everything else is stock. I know a tune will be a added step after getting the next piece, But i really would like some advice between the options I have available to me. I dont want to take out what is already installed.
near the bottom of that link they sell
We also sell the Divorce Downpipe Click Here

We Also sell the Bellmouth Downpipe Click Here

Should I stick with the same brand of parts. It does say with just this component i have i can have a bump of 10-15 hp. I am very new to all the different brand out there i need some advice. how does this brand stack up to others in terms of quality. Thanks
BTW I will be looking on kijiji for used parts too. So when looking is there things I need to be aware of or to watch out for.

See less See more
#2 ·
By itself, a catback exhaust will net you neglible gains on a WRX. You do not need a tune for one either.

If you get a downpipe, then yes you need a tune. Beyond that, I don't really understand your questions.

#3 ·
I am more wanting to know if its best to stick with same brands. Since I already have a certain brand should i stay with that brand for the rest of the exhaust upgrade. If I dont need to stick with the same brands, how does this brand stack up in quality. They seem cheaper than other brands, so is there a reason for them being cheaper than other brands.

#5 ·
Agree with rambo you will not net any hp gains from a catback it is just there to give you the boxer rumble. The real gains come when you get a downpipe. You would need a tune for a downpipe, furthermore imo cheaper exhaust parts sound cheap and not pleasant imo more or less I would stick with the same exhaust brand all the way around.

#6 ·
In my own experience, I've had the same brand exhaust components from the turbo back and I have also pieced together different brands. If you stick with the same brand you can almost assure the fitment of everything as they are made to pair up with each other. In the past I've had a Perrin and HKS cat back all mated to an Invidia dp with no fitment issues what so ever. Just like what's been said already, you get what you pay for in these situations. Buying something on the cheaper end of the scale saves you money, but may give you some fitment headaches. Not saying there aren't any deals to be found out there, though. Let us know what you decide to do and how you make out with fitment. Good luck!

#7 ·
So If I stay with my same brand of the exaust I will buying quality parts. I see that similar parts from other brands such , nameless or other top brands the price jumps almost 200-300 extra.

Best Deals on Tsudo 08-10 Impreza WRX / STI 3in Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
or
Invidia Downpipe Catted Divorced Wastegate w/ 2 Bungs Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2014 WRX / STI) HS08SW1DOC at RallySportDirect.com
or
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-HS08SW1DPN-Downpipe-Divorced-Wastegate

Can someone please tell me the difference between these two products other than the price. I see other brands too that are alot higher than the same brand as my exhaust I currently have.

#9 ·
one invidia is catted, the other (cheaper) is catless.

the tsudo is catless as well.

the invidia catted can be had for like ~$470 if you look around. not making a case for it other than its catted and you put the link to it

#12 ·
I've never had any experience with tsudo, but I've had/own a few invidia products. I'm running a full turboback set up from invidia on my wrx right now and I love it. Sounds awesome and fits great. If you are worried about a CEL if you go catless, an accessport to tune your car will get rid of the code.

#13 ·
I think I will stick with the same brand. It looks and seems exactly like the other brands. Sounds more like this is just like the "Name Brand Game" to me now. And If I can maybe cut out fitment issues as well as keep the cost down by staying with the same brand. More loot for other mods. Thanks for all the advice people.

#17 ·
A catback exhaust only has the muffler and a resonator if your system was built with one. The cat even on the stock system is located on the downpipe. If you want the exhaust to be on the "quieter" side, get something catted. If you're worried about emissions come inspection time, for what it's worth I've taken my car through NJ inspection and passed with a catless downpipe. Hope this helps.

#19 ·
catless can be more likely to cause boost creep problems, it smells, you negate someone driving a prius, you won't pass emissions if they check for cats or do anything that you'd need a cat to pass

#23 ·
Maybe some of my choice words were a little off. Running catless with an OTS map you could experience an "over boost" issue by a few psi. I think it's safe to say anything >19 psi you would be fine. All I was saying is that the OP could run an OTS map for the time being until they have the cash for a protune. These cobb maps run a little on the rich side... MUCH better than running lean. A tuner has the capability to "tune out" some of those boost issues you may have running a catless dp. Maybe not entirely, but to a point where it's mostly controlled. These are just "options" for the OP to take. Given the fact that they may not want to spend big money on an exhaust system, maybe they could purchase a used AP from another member and run an OTS map. No big deal. Saying they basically "have to" get a protune is simply not true.

#24 ·
I suppose you don't "have to," but you definitely should. I would never ever recommend someone run a off the shelf map without following the map notes to a t. Doing so is asking for issues. One could argue you don't "need" to properly tune for anything. If you care about the longevity of your car you should not skip corners on stuff like this. If you don't have the money to properly tune for a modification you shouldn't be doing the modification.

#26 ·
** The Stage2 maps were developed using a COBB Tuning turbo-back exhaust system with a high-flow catalytic converter. An equivalent turbo-back exhaust system could also be used. If a lesser flowing turbo-back exhaust system is used then boost targets may not be achievable. These maps are NOT designed to be used with an aftermarket race downpipe that does not have a catalytic converter (i.e. catless). Doing so greatly increases the chance for boost spikes and boost creep
From Cobb's website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.