i have this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i have this within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Best Deals on Tsudo 08-12 Impreza WRX / STI Wagon 3in S2 catback exhaust So Now i know exactly what ...

i have this

Best Deals on Tsudo 08-12 Impreza WRX / STI Wagon 3in S2 catback exhaust

So Now i know exactly what i have I need some advice on what would be the best fit. Aside from this kit everything else is stock. I know a tune will be a added step after getting the next piece, But i really would like some advice between the options I have available to me. I dont want to take out what is already installed.
    near the bottom of that link they sell
    We also sell the Divorce Downpipe Click Here

We Also sell the Bellmouth Downpipe Click Here

Should I stick with the same brand of parts. It does say with just this component i have i can have a bump of 10-15 hp. I am very new to all the different brand out there i need some advice. how does this brand stack up to others in terms of quality. Thanks
    BTW I will be looking on kijiji for used parts too. So when looking is there things I need to be aware of or to watch out for.
    Last edited by bushwickbill; 09-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    By itself, a catback exhaust will net you neglible gains on a WRX. You do not need a tune for one either.

If you get a downpipe, then yes you need a tune. Beyond that, I don't really understand your questions.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I am more wanting to know if its best to stick with same brands. Since I already have a certain brand should i stay with that brand for the rest of the exhaust upgrade. If I dont need to stick with the same brands, how does this brand stack up in quality. They seem cheaper than other brands, so is there a reason for them being cheaper than other brands.

lower quality parts, etc. company's usually have parts that mate up to each other well. but then again you can easily buy the necessary connectors to make every 100% functional

Agree with rambo you will not net any hp gains from a catback it is just there to give you the boxer rumble. The real gains come when you get a downpipe. You would need a tune for a downpipe, furthermore imo cheaper exhaust parts sound cheap and not pleasant imo more or less I would stick with the same exhaust brand all the way around.

In my own experience, I've had the same brand exhaust components from the turbo back and I have also pieced together different brands. If you stick with the same brand you can almost assure the fitment of everything as they are made to pair up with each other. In the past I've had a Perrin and HKS cat back all mated to an Invidia dp with no fitment issues what so ever. Just like what's been said already, you get what you pay for in these situations. Buying something on the cheaper end of the scale saves you money, but may give you some fitment headaches. Not saying there aren't any deals to be found out there, though. Let us know what you decide to do and how you make out with fitment. Good luck!

So If I stay with my same brand of the exaust I will buying quality parts. I see that similar parts from other brands such , nameless or other top brands the price jumps almost 200-300 extra.

Best Deals on Tsudo 08-10 Impreza WRX / STI 3in Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
    or
    Invidia Downpipe Catted Divorced Wastegate w/ 2 Bungs Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2014 WRX / STI) HS08SW1DOC at RallySportDirect.com
    or
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invi...rced-Wastegate

Can someone please tell me the difference between these two products other than the price. I see other brands too that are alot higher than the same brand as my exhaust I currently have.

I Support ClubWRX
    Tsudo doesn't appear to have o2 bungs and is not catted (extra).
    Second one is not catted.
    Third one is catted.

I am not familiar with Tsudo, but alot of the extra cost you pay for a big name brand like invidia is the cost they put into R&D, and also just the name brand.

one invidia is catted, the other (cheaper) is catless.

the tsudo is catless as well.

the invidia catted can be had for like ~$470 if you look around. not making a case for it other than its catted and you put the link to it

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Second one is catted.
    Third one is not catted.
    fixed that for you

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    fixed that for you
    Thanks I got them mixed up.

I've never had any experience with tsudo, but I've had/own a few invidia products. I'm running a full turboback set up from invidia on my wrx right now and I love it. Sounds awesome and fits great. If you are worried about a CEL if you go catless, an accessport to tune your car will get rid of the code.

I think I will stick with the same brand. It looks and seems exactly like the other brands. Sounds more like this is just like the "Name Brand Game" to me now. And If I can maybe cut out fitment issues as well as keep the cost down by staying with the same brand. More loot for other mods. Thanks for all the advice people.

I dont need a Catted dp as I already have a cat back exhaust? Am I correct in thinking this.

Best Deals on Tsudo 08-12 Impreza WRX / STI Wagon 3in S2 catback exhaust

There is the link again for anyone who missed it to the exhaust I already have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast