2011 wrx+ kept it stock or no?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx+ kept it stock or no? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering how the WRX is treating everybody. How many miles do you have on yours and how ...

2011 wrx+ kept it stock or no?

I was just wondering how the WRX is treating everybody. How many miles do you have on yours and how is it running right now? :P Any problems or anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's all up to you about staying stock. If you've got the money I wouldn't. I have a 2010 wrx with 26k and no issues so far.
    I'm at Cobb Stage1 and it feels much better than stock. I didn't really notice a big difference at first, but I went back to stock once and that's when I noticed how much better it felt at stage 1. Just the power delivery was smoother.

It might feel fast right now, but the more you drive it and get used to it the "slower" it will feel. When I test drove mine it felt like a rocket, especially coming from a 99 Ford Taurus the more I drive it the slower it felt, but of course it's all in my head.

Idk, you may not feel the same but I constantly want more power lol. And my gf bought a used 2008 wrx at stage 2 with a Perrin turbo back exhaust. To me it's a whole other experience when you have that growling exhaust compared to the wimpy stock exhaust. Just feels....right

It does suck how no matter how fast your car is, it begins to feel slow after enough time driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    It does suck how no matter how fast your car is, it begins to feel slow after enough time driving it.
    Very true, but I have one good thing going for me. My WRX isn't my daily driver. I have a 99 Ford Taurus I drive to work and it's slow lol. So I'm constantly transitioning back and forth so it stays "fresher" lol.

Thank you guys!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have one rule myself: I leave it stock until the car is payed off.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I have one rule myself: I leave it stock until the car is payed off.
    Whoops.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.