CNT Quad-tipped CBE good alternative to Q300? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on CNT Quad-tipped CBE good alternative to Q300? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I went ahead and ordered the CNT catback exhaust. It came out to 450 shipped which I think is ...

Well, I went ahead and ordered the CNT catback exhaust. It came out to 450 shipped which I think is a fantastic deal. Hopefully it sounds as good as it does in the videos I've seen and doesn't drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    14' WRX

14' Jeep Wrangler Willy's Wheeler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianVall View Post
    Well, I went ahead and ordered the CNT catback exhaust. It came out to 450 shipped which I think is a fantastic deal. Hopefully it sounds as good as it does in the videos I've seen and doesn't drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    You'll have to let me know your review. For a quad on a budget, the CNT is tough to beat. Just wish I could hear them in person. I'm still trying to decide between TurboXS and Nameless. I spoke with the guys at Nameless yesterday and they were very helpful and cool, but the TurboXS is $600 shipped vs $710 for the Nameless AXLEBACK once configured with comparable mufflers/tips.

BTW, I grew up in West Palm Beach lol. Small world.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    You'll have to let me know your review. For a quad on a budget, the CNT is tough to beat. Just wish I could hear them in person. I'm still trying to decide between TurboXS and Nameless. I spoke with the guys at Nameless yesterday and they were very helpful and cool, but the TurboXS is $600 shipped vs $710 for the Nameless AXLEBACK once configured with comparable mufflers/tips.

BTW, I grew up in West Palm Beach lol. Small world.
    I will definitely post up a review for sure when I get it. And for $450 shipped and all the positive reviews, I figured why not. I'm very stoked to try it out.

I also wanted to go with Nameless axleback, but by the time I added all the options to it I wanted, I was better off just getting a cat back. I think that's crazy how it cost so much.

Definitely a small world man. Looks like you went to the complete opposite end of the country in Washington. LOL. Quite a change!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianVall View Post
    I will definitely post up a review for sure when I get it. And for $450 shipped and all the positive reviews, I figured why not. I'm very stoked to try it out.

I also wanted to go with Nameless axleback, but by the time I added all the options to it I wanted, I was better off just getting a cat back. I think that's crazy how it cost so much.

Definitely a small world man. Looks like you went to the complete opposite end of the country in Washington. LOL. Quite a change!
    It's definitely expensive, but I may go for it to support a local company and develop a relationship with Nameless since they are so close to me. It;s nice having a hand-built piece too, so you know it's quality, and in this climate quality is important. May as well pay more once than deal with paying again later just to save money up front.

Anyways yeah, I grew up right in West palm (Loxahatchee to be exact) and went to high school at Suncoast for the IB program. Then moved to Orlando to attend UCF and from there I've been here in the Seattle area for about 6 months. After 23 years in Florida, it was time for a change haha. My girlfriend grew up in Wellington and is up here with me, too.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

My roommate has the Tanabe Touring Medalion catback and I think it sounds great (although it was very quiet with stock downpipe), fit/finish/overall quality is great. Just out of curiosity is there a reason why this wasn't one of the options you were looking at? I'm also looking into catbacks currently during my research I stumbled upon this thread (looks of great information).

Quote Originally Posted by clamchowder View Post
    My roommate has the Tanabe Touring Medalion catback and I think it sounds great (although it was very quiet with stock downpipe), fit/finish/overall quality is great. Just out of curiosity is there a reason why this wasn't one of the options you were looking at? I'm also looking into catbacks currently during my research I stumbled upon this thread (looks of great information).
    I axtually hadn't stumbled across the Tanabe...I'm at work now, but I'll try to listen to some sound clips when I get home. Pricing seems to be around $1200, and for that price though I would be hard pressed to just not have the local company Nameless Performance hand-assemble one here.

Ahhhh.. CNT will be here Wednesday. I hate being patient.

Ordered my Nameless catback with 5" mufflers and resonated midpipe Can't wait!

Anyone have pics of their nameless exhaust tips with the 3.5" and 4"? For comparisons sake. I think I like the 4", but I'd like to see both and pics on the hatches are uncommon with the 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Anyone have pics of their nameless exhaust tips with the 3.5" and 4"? For comparisons sake. I think I like the 4", but I'd like to see both and pics on the hatches are uncommon with the 4"
    Go 4" or go home. The only reason I didn't buy Nameless when I got my exhaust was because they didn't offer quad 4" tips at the time. Now that they do, I wouldn't order it any other way.

4" fills out the space much better than 3.5" in my opinion. I think they look too small if they're not 4". Plus, if you like CNT and Q300 (both 4"), I can't imagine you wouldn't like Nameless 4".

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2015 STi Launch Edition - Stock and awesome
    2013 DCP FXT - TP Stage 2 - Perrin dp - STi catback - 2011 WRX wheels

I just purchased the Corsa for 1150.00 delivered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.