Changing it up. '13 WRX

This is a discussion on Changing it up. '13 WRX within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Parts list from a well respected (from my research) shop/tuner that I'll have done this Friday. I already have the ...

Question Changing it up. '13 WRX

Parts list from a well respected (from my research) shop/tuner that I'll have done this Friday. I already have the Subaru SPT CBE and will add the following. Ballpark guesstimate on HP as I probably won't dyno it for lack of time? Please no lectures on tossing out my warranty. Payin' to play.

Invidia High Flow Cat D/P
    Perrin Top Mount Intercooler
    NGK 1 Step Colder Plug
    Cobb Intake Air Box
    DW265LT Fuel Pump
    Cobb AP V3
    Stage 2 OTS Map

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would not run a OTS map with those mods, since they don't comply with Cobbs map notes.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I would not run a OTS map with those mods, since they don't comply with Cobbs map notes.
    Not doubting your concern but not even coming from a Cobb certified Pro-Tuner that does this kind of thing all the time with an impeccable reputation? Not arguing with you at all.

Cobb's map notes are very strict and seeing as they only go to stg2+ (dp and certain intakes) and you're going way beyond that. You shouldn't be running Cobb's tunes on that setup.

Due to the fact that you mentioned a Cobb Pro-tuner, I'm going to assume that you've already spoken to one? A pro-tuner can make you a custom map for your set up. So are you doing all of those mods and having a Cobb certified pro-tuner make you a map? If so, that's the proper route to go. If not, you cannot run those mods on a Cobb ots map.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

It's their list and I am having them do it all. I wonder if it's their tweaked ots since they are the pro tuner. I'll definitely inquire. Thanks.

Ill add that I requested a recommended list from them for added reliable power that's in a daily driver. They didn't bat an eye and talked of the list as if from memory. I'm just the newbie here trying to leave it up to the pros.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Kelly Joe; 09-17-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Cobb's map notes are very strict and seeing as they only go to stg2+ (dp and certain intakes) and you're going way beyond that. You shouldn't be running Cobb's tunes on that setup.

Due to the fact that you mentioned a Cobb Pro-tuner, I'm going to assume that you've already spoken to one? A pro-tuner can make you a custom map for your set up. So are you doing all of those mods and having a Cobb certified pro-tuner make you a map? If so, that's the proper route to go. If not, you cannot run those mods on a Cobb ots map.
    All due respect...when you upgrade a TMIC, you really don't get any benefit unless you tune for it. Where as with a downpipe you MUST tune for it, a TMIC you don't necessarily have to. But without being able to add timing due to added charge cooling effects and even increase boost a bit, you won't see much gain from having it (All this comes from what I've picked up in conversation with Matty and Zach).

Fuel pump and different plugs won't really make a difference to the OTS map at Stage 2.

OP, discuss with your shop on getting a Pro-tune to improve things. Then there will be no cause for concern in the least. Plus considering you're stepping towards the upper end of Stage 2 with a TMIC, you will also get closer to maxing out injectors and may be limited there as well. Fuel pump won't do much good if the injectors now can't utilize the improved flow to them...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Noted and thanks for the info. Ill be following up with them asap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

You'll probably want an aftermarket ebcs (electronic boost control solenoid) to handle the boost from tuning for all that. You'll be running a lot of boost with a proper tune. And pretty soon your bypass valve will start leaking as well so I would get a new one of those too. Check out torquedperformance with those mods you be a stage 3 and he tunes that all the time.
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All due respect...when you upgrade a TMIC, you really don't get any benefit unless you tune for it. Where as with a downpipe you MUST tune for it, a TMIC you don't necessarily have to. But without being able to add timing due to added charge cooling effects and even increase boost a bit, you won't see much gain from having it (All this comes from what I've picked up in conversation with Matty and Zach).

Fuel pump and different plugs won't really make a difference to the OTS map at Stage 2.

I know this all to be true, but my personal point of view is that if you spend all the money on these mods and a tune, why not spend it on the proper tune and get all the benefits from the money you just spent? I know exactly what you're saying, but IMO it's just a waste if you don't get the full potential out of the parts you buy.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX